RIS - Missing riprep image choices

I am trying to install an image off my RIS server (2003)
and at the Client Installation Wizard screen with the os
choices I am missing 2 of the images (which are both the
riprep images). The only images listed are the flat file
images from the CDs.

I checked another post and they mentioned hyperthreading,
but I don't think that's the problem here.

The one issue is the riprep image was created on a Dell
Latitude (laptop) and I am trying to load it onto a Dell
Optiplex (desktop). Supposedly, the only problem would be
if the HAL's are different, but from what I can tell they
are the same.

Any ideas?

Also, does anyone know of good links to documentation on
creating "master" images with RIS and riprep? I have seen
a few Microsoft articles, but they only deal with overviews
of specific customer deployments with no specifics.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Scott McArthur [MSFT]

This is due to HAL differences. The machine you are booting PXE on is not
seeing a RIPREP image on the RIS server that has a appropriate HAL. You
can verify by pulling the RIPREP images down to the hardware they were
created on and checking device manager then doing a RISETUP image install
on this hardware you are trying and check device manager.

Scott McArthur[MS]
Microsoft Windows Server Setup Support