RIS Fails

Reaction score
I have been asked to migrate RIS from one server to another. The original server is the DHCP Server and has simply run out of space. When I arrived the technician had tried to install DHCP on the new server as well as install RIS. I have removed the second DHCP and removed then reinstalled RIS to ensure that it was as clean as possible. Initially nothing worked.

I then added to the DHCP Scope 060 PXEClient as well as 066 and 067; I now believe these may not be necessary?

However, I was able to see that the example workstation was gaining an IP address, handing over its GUID and identifying the DHCP Server address and Gateway Address (therefore DHCP was recognising the PXE requests for a RIS Server). TFTP was listed but then File Not Found.

I understand it is looking for startrom.com and that this is in the default location with default security settings, etc. Please could anyone let me know where the problem may lie? Thanks.

Ask a Question