right click menu slow

G

My right click menu when used in files is very slow to come up. Once it does come up it works normally again
I have my computer hd defragmented, and have scanned for viruses with NAV and online with Symantec, have use
Norton Systemworks to check and clean registry,clean out all temp files and basically done all my house keeping
I am using a Dell 4500S with 1.8 Pent 4 and 510 ram 40 GB hd with plenty of space available
Has anyone had this problem and maybe know what is causing this?
Thanks!!!

C

Carey Frisch [MVP]

The fix outlined in this bulletin may be applicable if you have Norton installed:

After updating to the January 7th or 8th virus definitions, your computer slows
down and Microsoft Word and Excel will not start
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/sharedtech.nsf/docid/2004010810205113

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User

Be Smart! Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

| My right click menu when used in files is very slow to come up. Once it does come up it works normally
again.
| I have my computer hd defragmented, and have scanned for viruses with NAV and online with Symantec, have
used
| Norton Systemworks to check and clean registry,clean out all temp files and basically done all my house
keeping.
| I am using a Dell 4500S with 1.8 Pent 4 and 510 ram 40 GB hd with plenty of space available.
| Has anyone had this problem and maybe know what is causing this??
| Thanks!!!

G

I checked out the Norton site, and my Word opens and works ok, my browser accepts the Verasign ok.
My computer overall is running fine, it is just the right click on a file menu pop up, that has been getting very slow,
the right click menu on other functions on the computer seem ok although when right clicking on lets say my computer
or another start item it has been slowing down before it brings up the desired selection.
This has just started(about 10 days ago), I haven't loaded any new programs or taken any out.
Could one of the programs that list on the right click pop up menu have a broken shortcut??

Ask a Question