Ribbon Display Options askew??

L

L. Howard

My Ribbon Display seems to have changed and I cannot reinstate it as I "think" I had it.

Of the three display options, none represent what I believe to have had in the past.

The one option that most closely resembles the display I want is the..
---------
Show Tabs
Show Ribbon Tabs Only
Tap a tab to show the commands.
---------

When I select this option and tap a tab, the bottom of the ribbon partiallycovers the column letter headings.

What I believe I had before was the same as this but with the last used tabselected and all the Icons have their descriptions in print and the tops of the columns are NOT partially covered. AND there was always a tab selected, ie. the last tab selected stayed selected until you clicked on another.

As of now I click a tab and get the ribbon display I like (except for the columns tops covered) but when I select a cell on the sheet, the ribbon goesback to a "waiting for you to select another tab" mode with no icons.

I am I going nut or what??

Howard

L

L. Howard

Hi Howard,

Am Wed, 12 Nov 2014 15:40:21 -0800 (PST) schrieb L. Howard:

please have a look:
https://support.office.com/en-ZA/Ar...f-4179-83d3-68a254a80ea6#__reset_the_ribbon_1

Regards
Claus B.

Hi Claus,

Pretty much exhausted all the various options including the RESET to Excel default.

Used to have all the normal icons under each tab and nearly every icon had a text label with it. That ribbon stayed put from sheet to sheet, book to book etc.

Can't find how to make that happen as I remember it. I can still access any of the features, except now I have to click a tab (as normal) and click on a icon feature, but when I go back to the worksheet with a cell selectionthe ribbon collapses to tabs only, no icons visible.

I guess I will learn to live with it.

Thanks for the suggestion and the link.

Regards,
Howard

C

Claus Busch

Hi Howard,

Am Wed, 12 Nov 2014 23:38:04 -0800 (PST) schrieb L. Howard:
Can't find how to make that happen as I remember it. I can still access any of the features, except now I have to click a tab (as normal) and click on a icon feature, but when I go back to the worksheet with a cell selection the ribbon collapses to tabs only, no icons visible.

double click a tab to make the ribbon visible

Regards
Claus B.

C

Claus Busch

Hi again,

Am Thu, 13 Nov 2014 08:40:31 +0100 schrieb Claus Busch:

a tab of the ribbon, a menu tab

Regards
Claus B.

L

L. Howard

collapses to tabs only, no icons visible.

Regards
Claus B.

I just now stumbled upon what I think happened.

In the QAT I have a feature "Touch/Mouse Mode", icon is a hand w/ a finger on a blue dot. One of the selections in that icon drop down reinstated the ribbon as I wanted.

I will try the double click tab also.

Thanks.

Howard

L

L. Howard

collapses to tabs only, no icons visible.

I just now stumbled upon what I think happened.

In the QAT I have a feature "Touch/Mouse Mode", icon is a hand w/ a finger on a blue dot. One of the selections in that icon drop down reinstated the ribbon as I wanted.

I will try the double click tab also.

Thanks.

Howard

And the double click works also.

Thanks, Claus.

Ask a Question