Spelling checker problem on a specific worksheet only

L

lhkittle

The following occurs on Sheet1 only of a specific workbook.

Any word, correctly spelled or misspelled produces this from the Spell checker on the Review tab of the ribbon.

I get the Spelling: English (U.S.) dialog box as expected.
Regarddless of the word I have selected to spell check, the "Not in Dictonary box" displays "Tx" (no quotes).
In the Suggestion: box it offers TX, Tax, Tux.

On other worksheets in the same workbook the spell checker works fine as well as a new workbook and any worksheet in it.

Any clues as to what is going on with this particular sheet?

Thanks.
Regards,
Howard

Any clues

L

lhkittle

The following occurs on Sheet1 only of a specific workbook.

Any word, correctly spelled or misspelled produces this from the Spell checker on the Review tab of the ribbon.

I get the Spelling: English (U.S.) dialog box as expected.

Regarddless of the word I have selected to spell check, the "Not in Dictonary box" displays "Tx" (no quotes).

In the Suggestion: box it offers TX, Tax, Tux.

On other worksheets in the same workbook the spell checker works fine as well as a new workbook and any worksheet in it.

Any clues as to what is going on with this particular sheet?

Thanks.

Regards,

Howard

Any clues

For what it's worth regarding my spell check problem. I found that the spell checker was offering a solution to abbreviated text on a few of the Form Buttons on the worksheet.

I have never had to deal with this before and don't know why it does this now. I eliminated the text on the culprit buttons and inserted a single number and now use an index to give a brief description as to what button 1 does and same with 2 and 3.

I would still be receptive to some vb code that will spell check a single cell (and always the same cell). I would put this code in a worksheet_change sub.

Thanks.
Regards,
Howard

Ask a Question