Returning newbie

Reaction score
Have just returned to teaching application software after a long time away.

Unfortunately I arrived in a place where the manager has been sold some really iffy machines prior to my arrival and I'm constantly searching for answers to problems that occur - there is no technician so I'm a one man band.

So - I'm hoping to learn from this site and ask for help from all of you.

Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks for the swift welcomes!

Okay -this is where I ask favours.

As I said, I am working with no support in a country where it is difficult to get technical books (beyond standard Step by Step and ICDL).

I always worked in a wonderland where technicians could tell me the answers and sometimes fix them for me. I realise how hardware and operating system illiterate I am.

I'm learning the ins and outs of Windows XP which helps me sometimes but I need to know more about the hardware. I have no science background although I used to be a good programmer (I'm trying to indicate that I have some logical thought processes!).

I can't find any suitable pdf on the web (connection is quite slow here so online could be very expensive) - I'm looking for a guide to electronics and computer hardware that isn't too technical as a start - I also need to know about the registry.

Any suggestions????

Thanks in advance.

CITech

Offshore Crunchie Eater
Reaction score
Welcome Kasoof,

I hope you find the answers to some of your questions here at PC Review.They're a good bunch with a wide range of knowledge, so go for it!

Cheers, CITech

Reaction score
kasoof said:
Thanks for the swift welcomes!

Okay -this is where I ask favours.

As I said, I am working with no support in a country where it is difficult to get technical books (beyond standard Step by Step and ICDL).

I always worked in a wonderland where technicians could tell me the answers and sometimes fix them for me. I realise how hardware and operating system illiterate I am.

I'm learning the ins and outs of Windows XP which helps me sometimes but I need to know more about the hardware. I have no science background although I used to be a good programmer (I'm trying to indicate that I have some logical thought processes!).

I can't find any suitable pdf on the web (connection is quite slow here so online could be very expensive) - I'm looking for a guide to electronics and computer hardware that isn't too technical as a start - I also need to know about the registry.

Any suggestions????

Thanks in advance.

Go here >>;)
www.kayodeok.btinternet.co.uk/favorites/kbasewinxphowto.htm

CITech

Offshore Crunchie Eater
Reaction score
kasoof said:
A quick enquiry - can you delete the screensavers in XP?

Kasoof
Should be easy, all you need to do is delete the corresponding .scr file name in the c:\Windows\System32 directory.
:thumb:

Ask a Question