Thank you

Reaction score
I found this forum after a Google search to find startup files...and became hooked. I've been reading for the last three days and have learned more here than from all my years on a computer...a special thanks to "Sir Muck" and some great stickies on the Spyware forum.
I'm not a "power user" but have been at it for sometime, starting with a MacPlus (don't think on it for too long,I don't want to give away my age!). I'm currently am on a Compaq, but thinking about returning to Mac. My greatest goal in life, currently, is to get a machine set up with Linux...not willing to dual boot, so I'm trying to resurrect an old Gateway that has been sitting in the cellar (333mhz...not good for much else). I also have a G3 at 233 mhz that's been sitting for a few years...might that be better?

OK...enough chatting...can you please answer one question...what is the "crunching" section?

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Welcome the the forums! :) Glad to have you posting ;)

There is lots of info about 'crunching' here

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
Hello
hello.gif

the old gateway might be better to run linux as im not sure about putting it on an old mac, wait for some of the more knowlegable members

and the crunching can be explained by this

http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome WesternMA :D I'm glad you're enjoying it here :)

333Mhz should run ok with Linux I would have thought - although I'm no expert so best wait for one of the Linux gurus to see this :D

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Hmmm, not sure if my notoriety is worthy of a Knighthood, but appreciated anyway. :D

Welcome to the forums.
:thumb:

I'm not going to get into another "Mac v PC" slagging match, each to their own, but if you are serious about Linux then a PC would be easier. Try the different flavours of Linux and find one your PC & you like, then stick with it.

The "crunching" section :confused: ... that's just full of a bunch of PC nutters who thrash their systems with whips-n-chains ... more reading Here and especially Here ;)

Ask a Question