Retro multiplayer over a home wireless network

Reaction score
Havent been a gamer for years but was just remiscing about the hours of fun I had playing 1 on 1 doom over a null modem cable. Now have several family computers at home connected to a wireless network and was wondering what doomesq games are now freely available and can be configured to run over a wireless network with other local machines. All computers relatively low spec but ample for the old versions of doom etc.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
to be honest, older games dont age well for me. If find that games i enjoyed in my youth, just arent as enjoyable as i remeber... perhaps its best to remeber the good things about those games :D

free doomy sort of game?
.... none that i can thing of, course im not much of a seeker of yore. :)

Reaction score
Alf said:
to be honest, older games dont age well for me. If find that games i enjoyed in my youth, just arent as enjoyable as i remeber... perhaps its best to remeber the good things about those games :D

free doomy sort of game?
.... none that i can thing of, course im not much of a seeker of yore. :)

Alot of old games will not work over wireless but gamespy may be the choice for you.

But there is alot of old games what will work doom is,nt one of them.

Am guessing your playing doom 1

Ask a Question