Restore Language Bar

G

Hi
I am having difficulty trying to restore the Language Bar to the Task Bar
I went to Help and Support, but the instructions didn't seem to fit what I see on screen..
I am running XP Pro V 5.1.2600 Service Pack 1 Build 2600
I used to have the little "EN" (English) icon showing to the left of what I know as the "system tray" (the small panel at the right hand end of the task bar) But I have obviously done something wrong and it is now no longer there
I want to activate the microphone for speech input, and I understand that I have to right-click the Language Bar (the "EN" icon - right?)
I have managed to set up the speech files, calibrated the microphone,and all that, but when I want to start dictating, no microphone icon to click on

Very frustrating
Can anybody help get my Language Bar back

Thanks a million
Riccles.

E

eric boyd

It should be as simple as right-clicking the center part of the tool bar and
selecting Toolbars and then Language Bar from the drop-down.
RICCLES said:
Hi!
I am having difficulty trying to restore the Language Bar to the Task Bar.
I went to Help and Support, but the instructions didn't seem to fit what I see on screen...
I am running XP Pro V 5.1.2600 Service Pack 1 Build 2600.
I used to have the little "EN" (English) icon showing to the left of what
I know as the "system tray" (the small panel at the right hand end of the
task bar) But I have obviously done something wrong and it is now no longer
there.
I want to activate the microphone for speech input, and I understand that
I have to right-click the Language Bar (the "EN" icon - right?)
I have managed to set up the speech files, calibrated the microphone,and
all that, but when I want to start dictating, no microphone icon to click
on.

G

Thanks, Eric, but no go there

I right-click in the task bar and select Toolbars from the pop-up menu. The only toolbars listed are Address, Windows Media Player, Links, Desktop and Quick Launch. Only Quick Launch is checked. There is also a 'New Toolbar" option, but that only takes you to a miniature Windows Explorer dialog box, offering to open a new Folder

It would appear from the other threads I've seen that I am not the only person with this problem..

I have also visited the Start/Control Panel/Date,Time Language & Regional options/Regional and Language Options/Language Tab/Details path, and no matter how I set the various options, the Language Bar button is still greyed out

Phooey!!

Ask a Question