Resolution Problem San Andreas

Reaction score
Hey guys i really really hope someone can help me with this because im getting more than a little irritable with this now lol. Basically I have just installed GTA San Andreas on my PC, I load it up and go into the options screens and go to advanced so i can change the resolution, I can scroll down to the Resolution setting and click the right arrow on my keyboard to cycle through all the resolutions but no matter which i choose the very second I move up or down away from resolution to a different setting it INSTANTLY reverts to 800x600 By this i mean I dont even get out of the options screen i just have to move off that line and it changes back and "Original settings restored" flashes up briefly, It allows me to change every setting apart from Resolution and AA. If it means anything it does say on the back of the pack that this game is suitable for vista so its not a compatability issue. I really am at my wits end with this so im open to any ideas you guys may have.

Thx Lee.

Captain Jack Sparrow

Anti-cryptominer
Reaction score
Well I've got that game and I don't have that problem. My graphic card is a much crapper ATI 256MB X1050 but have you updated your graphic drivers? I forget to do this a lot and if you forget, I have had slowdowns and graphic card not responding. It's just a suggestion.

Reaction score
Yeah I have tried both the latest drivers and the ones that came with my PC on the disc so its not that :( Thnx anyways, any more ideas???

Cheers Lee.

Captain Jack Sparrow

Anti-cryptominer
Reaction score
Right. Do other games do this? Otherwise try reinstall.

I don't play GTA San Andreas anymore, it's too easy so I have the multiplayer. things might be different on that.

Reaction score
You have to confirm the resolution with intro before you move the cursor out of the resolution line.

Reaction score
LOL I was gonna keep quiet cuz i didnt want anyone to know ;) but idroj3 is right.... its that simple lol you have to actually press return to confirm the resolution before you move off the line or it just canges back to what it was before. And to think how long i tried different things before i figured it lol :D

Cheers for the help anyway guys :D

Ask a Question