have no effect. Has anyone else seen this and been able
to disable this. Thanks in advance

Certainly doesn't sound like anything from XP... Does it only happen when
running Asteroids? If so, it's the game doing it so you'll have to contact
the game publisher....

Lorne

Reaction score
Hi Ken:
Gotl the same 'resolution notice' you did. Solved it by reading the users manual for the Monitor. In it, there was an option to disable the resolution notice. It is done by using the buttons on the monitor not the keyboard. Follow the directions on the monitor screen and you can disable the message.

Reaction score
Resolution Notice HOW TO TURN IT OFF

After struggling for months trying to get rid of the irritating popup resolution notice, I finally discovered how to do it. It has nothing to do with Windows or your computer. The resolution notice is coming from your MONITOR.

I have a NEC LCD 1765 monitor and I read the online manual at www.nec.com which mentions how turn the "resolution notice" on and off. I did it by pressing button #5 on my monitor but the menu selections are not clickable with a mouse. You have to scroll up and down the menu list with Montior Button #4 and then select with Monitor Button #5. I went to the "advanced menu" in this manner and found the menu item for "resolution notice" and selected "OFF".

I am finally rid of that very irritating popup screen that was driving me crazy.
Thank God !!! Please spread this information far and wide because I know many others are suffering from this same problem. Good luck...

Rodger

Reaction score
I have a ViewSonic 23" LCD Monitor and found out how to get rid of the "resolution notice" which is always popping up at the wrong time:

To disable, use the buttons on the front of the montior to do the following:
* Press #1
* Use down arrow to highlight Setup Menu and press #2.
* Use down arrow to highlight Resolution notice and press #2
* Select Disable and exit!!

Reaction score
goodtennis2 said:
Hi Ken:
Gotl the same 'resolution notice' you did. Solved it by reading the users manual for the Monitor. In it, there was an option to disable the resolution notice. It is done by using the buttons on the monitor not the keyboard. Follow the directions on the monitor screen and you can disable the message.

Thank you for this advice, I've been trying all afternoon to get rid of this nuisance notice, logged onto this site and hey presto! the answer was there, so simple too. Once again Thank you, Chris.

Reaction score
HI Dave, I used the controls on the monitor as someone else suggested, went to set up menu, this gave me other options, one of them being resolution notice, clicked on that and had the option to enable or disable. If you haven't got it sorted by now I hope this helps,. Good luck, Chris

Ask a Question