Requesting MANUAL uninstall of PST Folder Backup Utility

Ed McGovern

The utility no longer shows up in the ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS area. After an
upgrade from OFFICE 2002 to OFFICE 2003 it is also no longer in the FILE
menu of OUTLOOK or the ADD-INS section of OPTIONS either.

When I attempt to reinstall the utility, it says a copy is already
installed. It offers a step to uninstall it before reinstalling. I select
YES and then it says that this function is only available for items already
installed on the system.

I'm caught in a spiral!

How do I do an MANUAL uninstall of the remnants of the utility left behind
on my system so I can attempt a fresh re-install of the backup utility?

Ed

Ed McGovern

Actually - No. None of that made a difference.

I DID find that if I downloaded the 2003 executable and then extracted the
contents with WinZip - only running the .msi portion - all went well.
Apparently the "launcher" was what was seeing some tendril left behind in
the registry (or somewhere) and causing the continuous loop.

All is well with Outlook again and , more importantly, the system is backed
up.

Thanks anyway though,

Ed

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <Milly Staples [MVP -