Reported error (0X800CC0F) the connection to the server was interrupted - need help with this one

S

Sean

I am receiving this error message on a client workstation, none of the
other 4 users on the LAN are receiving this error. They are using
Outlook 2002 connected through an ADSL modem.

The user still can send and receive e-mails but this error message
always appears.
Any one have any ideas?

Reported error (0X800CC0F) the connection to the server was
interrupted

Sean

G

For those of you that have been getting "Sending and Receiving reported error .... connection to server was interrupted" as I have, try creating a new HTTP email account, send and receive a couple of messages from that account and your old account, and then remove that new HTTP account. I did this and the problem magically went away as mysteriously as it appeared. - Dave

Reaction score
Solution

Two Questions to ask:
1. Did you have the IP Address of the mail server changed recently during probably migration or maintenance?
2. Do you an Anti-Spam software installed or an Anti Virus agent on the server?

If you did answer yes to either of the questions above then perform the following:
a) Create a new mailbox enabled account for testing purposes only.
b) configure the account in your mail client software and send email to yourself. Now download your mails to see if it was
successful.
c) If not successful, then it is a general problem. meaning - mail server problem.
d) Uninstall or disable the anti spam or the anti virus software. Ensure to halt its running services is uninstall option is too
hash. My preference is to uninstall, however you must plan this carefully.
e) Perform Step B again.

Computer problems do not disappear mysteriously; something must have occurred.
Good luck then.
Jeefo

Reaction score
Two Questions to ask:
1. Did you have the IP Address of the mail server changed recently during probably migration or maintenance?
2. Do you an Anti-Spam software installed or an Anti Virus agent on the server?

If you did answer yes to either of the questions above then perform the following:
a) Create a new mailbox enabled account for testing purposes only.
b) configure the account in your mail client software and send email to yourself. Now download your mails to see if it was
successful.
c) If not successful, then it is a general problem. meaning - mail server problem.
d) Uninstall or disable the anti spam or the anti virus software. Ensure to halt its running services is uninstall option is too
hash. My preference is to uninstall, however you must plan this carefully.
e) Perform Step B again.

Computer problems do not disappear mysteriously; something must have occurred.
Good luck then.
Jeefo

Ask a Question