"Report bad post's"

Reaction score
Just wandering if anyone uses the "report bad post's" thing on this site?

(The lillte red triangle down below)

What does it do, and what action is taken?

Do you get a warning if someone has reported you, and do you get banned or what?

Thanks,

KGB

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
I done it once ages ago, i think it was against some dude who done one of them "my 200th post" or "my 300th post" or "my 400th post" or "my 500th post" etc etc etc etc etc etc etc.

You see what i mean, there boring a useless, if your reading this and even thinking about doing one, DONT! (please)

I think action will only be taken if its extrememly offensive, or the same dude keeps getting them against him.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
For first 2 years or so this feature was never used, only recently it got some attention ;)

I was the first one to use it. When the feature is used the admin/moderators are immediately informed about the particular post so that appropriate action is taken immediately. This is to be used in severe cases and must accompany a note from the reporter.

Misusing this feature is also an offence so please make sure whoever uses it has justification in doing so. In normal circumstances you can get any moderators attention by sending a pm/email. All of us here will respond soonest possible.

I hope this helps

Reaction score
An email gets send to the moderators and admins along with the name of the person who pushed the button and the post that it pertains to. Boring eh.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Matt and I posted at the same time so this should give a comforting feelings to members that we are here and available in case of need.

I have made this thread a sticky for a short time so all would get familiar with this feature and also its DO'S and DONT'S

Reaction score
Ok, cheers, i know it is pretty obvious, but i did not push it!!!

Any one ever pused it against one of my post's Quad?

Reaction score
Good, Good, that is what we like to hear!!!

Do you guys keep a reccord of who it has been used against?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Hey, KGB, stop getting so paranoid ;)

That feature is just a safety net really, to protect us all against really offensive posts.

Let's face it, there's nothing to stop anybody joining and posting whatever the hell they feel like. And there's a lot of wallies out there.

So you no worry, amigo ;)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
bet its been used against me at least once...:D
Ah yes, that would have been me, when you dared suggest Intel were actually quite good... ;)

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Ah yes, that would have been me, when you dared suggest Intel were actually quite good... ;)
Ive just given you one for that sarcastic remark against the kings of the PC world ;) (only playing, but in which case :blush: )

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
i was looking at my public file and it says that i got a refferal... ummm, can any one tell me why?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Alf said:
i was looking at my public file and it says that i got a refferal... ummm, can any one tell me why?
A referral is when you invite somebody to the forum, and they join up. When they join, they come across a question that says something like 'Did anybody recommend you to this site' and asks for a name.

Whoever joined named you, cos you referred them to this site.

This is a good thing :)

Ask a Question