Repetitive Strain Injury

Article Repetitive Strain Injury

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Becky submitted a new article:

Repetitive Strain Injury - Repetitive Strain Injury

What is RSI?

The term ‘Repetitive Strain Injury' covers a broad range of problems caused by and aggravated by frequently repeated movements . Over time it can give rise to a number of related problems which range from minor, constant aches and discomfort to permanent disablements. It is an array of conditions which affect muscles, tendons, nerves and other soft tissues. Nowadays, the increasing use of computers has caused an increase in the chances of developing RSI;...

Read more about this article...

Last edited by a moderator:

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Good article!
im a bit of a sloucher to tell you the truth, but only when i play since my chair has reclining back support...
kinda scared now...:D

Reaction score
As I was reading, i already felt myself compelled to sit up properly

VDU'S are a very close subject to this too, with me wearing contact lenses (sometimes glases) i think all new PC's (which 90% of them do anyway) should come with TFT'S, i found a massive difference when I started to use one.
I used to often get headaches etc.. Using CRT and the older screens

I use a PC ALLOT too

Reaction score
very cool. Only a few comments, is it strange that if generally I do not rest my forearms on my desk when I type. I tends to have floating arms. I think it helps me type much faster.

Also I do tend to slouch a bit, though it is most comfortable for me, I personally do not like this chair, and much rather the one I have at home, which reclines dramatically and has exelent lumbar support.

...........Also, I do work out constantly, and am actually trying to get a job as a fitness instructor. Laugh all you want, but the truth is Good looking people actually do exist in gyms, they are just hard to see over the people who need to be there. I where, 1lb weights on my forearms at work, I know 1lb is not a lot, but after a 12 hour shift, and my floating typing style, my shoulders and triceps get a heack of a work out ;)

any way, thanks Ian.... as always totally informative

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Raje said:
any way, thanks Ian.... as always totally informative

Not me this time, this was Becky's ;) My account is just auto used to post the comments thread, I'll have to change that!

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I'll take that one as a compliment ;)

Nice to hear that someone does the 'floating arms' thing, it feels more natural to do when you're sitting upright, so well done!

:D

Ask a Question