Repair Outlook Express

A friend was receiving multiple, duplicate E-mails - they would not stop.
Now her MS Outlook Express will not send or receive E-mails.
It cannot find POP3 Server.
What should my friend do?
My friend ran McAfee Virus Scan - No Viruses.
MS Outlook Express will not work.
Help, Please.
Thank You,

TaurArian [MS-MVP]

Try asking the question in OE Newsgroup, they should be able to assist

Internet Explorer 6/Outlook Express
(Web interface)
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/...inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress&lang=en&cr=US

(OE Newsreader)

==================================
TaurArian [MS-MVP] 2005-2007 - Australia
==================================
http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
Need more help? http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=ph;en-us;6527
Get Safe online: http://www.getsafeonline.org/
(Links to web pages and MSKB Articles are posted for the purposes of keeping the
information current)

"Ray10X10" <vacantlot.com> wrote in message
|A friend was receiving multiple, duplicate E-mails - they would not stop.
| Now her MS Outlook Express will not send or receive E-mails.
| It cannot find POP3 Server.
| What should my friend do?
| My friend ran McAfee Virus Scan - No Viruses.
| MS Outlook Express will not work.
| Help, Please.
| Thank You,
| --
| Ray10X10

Andre DeLemarre

you can use this method
run/type appwiz.cpl/ok then click on remove OE
after that go to control panel/addremove programs/windows component and
remove the tick from OE
to reinstall you do the same but click reinstall instead of remove.
Hope it works

John John

I don't think that will do much of anything, all it does is remove icons
and shortcuts from various locations on the computer. It doesn't
actually remove or reinstall Outlook Express. The same goes for
Internet Explorer at the same Add/Remove function.

John

Andre DeLemarre

sorry to hear that,but it works for me with XP pro/SP2 and all updates
installed except IE6

John John

So then all that was wrong was that your shortcuts were screwed up. The
only thing that Add/Remove Programs | Add/Remove Windows Components |
clear Outlook Express check box does is Remove Visible Entry Points to
Outlook Express. Unless you upgraded Internet Explorer the same applies
to it. Search on Microsoft.com for further information and for proper
method for reinstalling these built in components.

By default, Internet Explorer 6 is preinstalled in all versions of
Windows XP and cannot be removed. To provide computer manufacturers more
flexibility in configuring desktop versions of Windows XP, Microsoft has
made it possible for OEMs, administrators, and users to remove user
access to Internet Explorer while leaving the Internet Explorer code
intact and fully functional to make sure the functionality of programs
and operating system functions that rely on it. For example, Windows XP
supports an "IEAccess=off" switch in the Unattend.txt file, and Internet
Explorer has been added to the Add/Remove Windows Components section of
the Add/Remove Programs tool in Control Panel. This does not reinstall
Internet Explorer.
[end quote]

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318378/
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/maintain/xpmanaged/19_xp_oe.mspx