repair install?

EC

I had to do a repair install of win xp and it hangs at 34
minutes asking me what program I would like to use to
open rundll32.exe. Someone said it may be a virus. Any
idea of which? I cannot get into windows because the
repair is only partly done. Any help is gold!

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello EC.,
What is the exact error message that you are getting?
When you get the error hit the shift and f10 keys to open a cmd prompt
run taskmgr and see what it is running?
Look at the setuplot.txt, setupapi.log and setupact.log in the \windows
folder. What is in the bottom ten lines or so of each. That may give us
clue as to what setup is doing right then.
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]