Renaming files

GRL

I need to rename files in a folder using the names of the (same) files in
another folder. Is the an utility to do this?
Thanks.

Bob Adkins

I need to rename files in a folder using the names of the (same) files in
another folder. Is the an utility to do this?

In the Windows Explorer, right-drag the folder structure you wish to
duplicate and select "copy". If you want empty folders, just delete the
contents.

Susan Bugher

Google's friend said:
GRL wrote:
try using Ant renamer.... but in conjunction with a utility
(http://home.worldonline.dk/ninotech/freeutil.htm#pathcopy) that can
can copy a list of file names, that is copy and paste the file names
from your folder into ant renamer... make sense?

http://www.antp.be/software/renamer

Sounds right to me. :) Another app that can rename from a list:

Program: THE Rename
Author: (Hervé Thouzard)
Ware: Donationware
http://www.herve-thouzard.com/