Removing IE6, winxp sp2, Popup Blocker

hey,
i have winxp pro sp2 installed.
i have the IE6 Popup Blocker turned off (ie\tools\turn off popup blocker).
yet, it still blocks popups.
how can i remove the IE6 popup blocker?
thanks,
Chris

Don Varnau

Hi,
Do you have another pop-up blocker (Yahoo Companion, Google toolbar, etc)
running?

Don

yes, am running Google toolbar. that works great.
i have set google to "site popups allowed" (for this site for example).
but the popup blocker and information bar in IE continues to ask confirmation
even though i have turned it off in IE.

Don Varnau

Sorry, I don't have any other ideas on this. Maybe, disable the IE pop-up
blocker and the Google pop-up blocker. Restart, then re-enable the Google
one.

Don

thanks,
that worked.

Chris

--
MVP IE/OE
Please reply to the newsgroup so that others may participate.

"Chris" <Chris[at]discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
hey,
i have winxp pro sp2 installed.
i have the IE6 Popup Blocker turned off (ie\tools\turn off popup blocker).
yet, it still blocks popups.
how can i remove the IE6 popup blocker?
thanks,
Chris

Don Varnau

Great. Thanks for letting me know.

Don
--
MVP IE/OE
Please reply to the newsgroup so that others may participate.

Chris said:
thanks,
that worked.

Chris