removal of AVG add in from Outlook - progra 1\AVG\AVG9\avgxch32.dl

ksam

How do I remove the "AVG Exchange Extension" - an AVG add-in from Outlook
(PROGR 1\AVG\AVG9\avgxch32.dll ).

Many thanks

Kathie

neo

Start Microsoft Outlook and then select Tools | Options | Other tab |
Advanced Options button | Addin manager and deselect AVG.

If you have uninstalled AVG, then you just need to find and delete (or
rename) the file named extend.dat. Since you don't mention what version of
Outlook or your operating system, the best I can tell you it is a hidden
file under your OS user profile. For example, you might find it at:

C:\Documents and Settings\<USERID>\Local Settings\Application
Data\Microsoft\Outlook

C:\Users\<USERID>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook

Chris Watkins

Had the same problem as Kathie and it was driving me nuts!! Very grateful for advice. Had to use smome creative thinking to locate the file in which extend.dat was located but used the path C:\Documents and Settings\<USERID>\Local Settings\Application
Data\Microsoft\Outlook
I'm using Win 7 and just upgraded from Office 2003 to 2007, wwhen all the headaches of conflict with AVG and IE not responding all occurrred at once. Now fixed Best ~ CW

Joined
Dec 1, 2010
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Thanks

Had the same problem - removed could not find the extend file initially so removed AVG add in from outlook menu options - thanks guys.
Had the same problem as Kathie and it was driving me nuts!! Very grateful for advice. Had to use smome creative thinking to locate the file in which extend.dat was located but used the path C:\Documents and Settings\\Local Settings\Application