Remote Web Site

Stephen

Hi,

I would like to optimize my code when I publish a page.

So I am trying to set up a Remote Web Site but I only have
one website and when I try to set it up, it says "The
local and remote webs cannot be the same location."

Do I have to pay for another website hosting in order to
optimize my code?

Thanks,

Stephen

?

=?Windows-1252?Q?Rob_Giordano_\=28aka:_Crash_Gordo

that's just telling you that you are trying to publish to itself.
where does your web exist now?

| Hi,
|
| I would like to optimize my code when I publish a page.
|
| So I am trying to set up a Remote Web Site but I only have
| one website and when I try to set it up, it says "The
| local and remote webs cannot be the same location."
|
| Do I have to pay for another website hosting in order to
| optimize my code?
|
| Thanks,
|
| Stephen

Hi Stephen,

If you are using win2k pro or winXP pro, you can enable the local web server
to host your website, default document root of this web server is in the
c:\Intepub\wwwroot\. You can put or publish all files to that directory for
testing, and you can access them like in an internet enviroment by typing
http://localhost/ in I.E.'s URL bar. You can search "Internet Information
Services" in windows help for setup web server details.

Thomas A. Rowe

If using FP2003...

Local site: is the site that you open to edit and/or publish whether it is on your local machine or
hosted on the internet

Remote site: is the site that you will be publishing to whether it is on your local machine or
hosted on the internet

WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.

?

=?Windows-1252?Q?Rob_Giordano_\=28aka:_Crash_Gordo

They couldn't call it something simple...like FROM and TO :)

kinda sounds like an accountant designed some of FP...debit/credits..sheesh :-o

| If using FP2003...
|
| Local site: is the site that you open to edit and/or publish whether it is on your local machine or
| hosted on the internet
|
| Remote site: is the site that you will be publishing to whether it is on your local machine or
| hosted on the internet
|
| --
| ==============================================
| Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
| WEBMASTER Resources(tm)
|
| FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.
| ==============================================
| To assist you in getting the best answers for FrontPage support see:
| http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/newsgroups.asp
|

| > It's at www.stockmasters.net
| >
| > I think I may have figured it out. Can I have a remote
| > web site at c:\Stock?
| >
| > Thanks
| >
| > Stephen

| >>|
| > page.
| >>|
| > have
| >>|
| >>|
| >>|
| >>.

Tom Pepper Willett

My gosh, Rob..is there not a post you won't reply to?

Tom
"Rob Giordano (aka: Crash Gordon®)" <[email protected]>
wrote in message They couldn't call it something simple...like FROM and TO :)

kinda sounds like an accountant designed some of FP...debit/credits..sheesh
:-o

| If using FP2003...
|
| Local site: is the site that you open to edit and/or publish whether it is
on your local machine or
| hosted on the internet
|
| Remote site: is the site that you will be publishing to whether it is on
your local machine or
| hosted on the internet
|
| --
| ==============================================
| Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
| WEBMASTER Resources(tm)
|
| FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.
| ==============================================
| To assist you in getting the best answers for FrontPage support see:
| http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/newsgroups.asp
|

| > It's at www.stockmasters.net
| >
| > I think I may have figured it out. Can I have a remote
| > web site at c:\Stock?
| >
| > Thanks
| >
| > Stephen

| >>|
| > page.
| >>|
| > have
| >>|
| >>|
| >>|
| >>.

?

=?Windows-1252?Q?Rob_Giordano_\=28aka:_Crash_Gordo

A valid question/comment is now being questioned by you...what's up your bum these days Tom?

May I suggest if you don't want to see any of my posts that you Message | Block Sender. Then you'd not have to put up with my posts any longer.

I'm not sure why you keep posting unprofessional comments about my posts/comments, I certainly would not do that to you, and there had been times that I could have.

Just block me that way we'd both be happy; you won't see me and I don't have to read your criticisms.

| My gosh, Rob..is there not a post you won't reply to?
|
| Tom
| "Rob Giordano (aka: Crash Gordon®)" <[email protected]>
| wrote in message | They couldn't call it something simple...like FROM and TO :)
|
| kinda sounds like an accountant designed some of FP...debit/credits..sheesh
| :-o
|

| | | If using FP2003...
| |
| | Local site: is the site that you open to edit and/or publish whether it is
| on your local machine or
| | hosted on the internet
| |
| | Remote site: is the site that you will be publishing to whether it is on
| your local machine or
| | hosted on the internet
| |
| | --
| | ==============================================
| | Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
| | WEBMASTER Resources(tm)
| |
| | FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.
| | ==============================================
| | To assist you in getting the best answers for FrontPage support see:
| | http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/newsgroups.asp
| |

| | > It's at www.stockmasters.net
| | >
| | > I think I may have figured it out. Can I have a remote
| | > web site at c:\Stock?
| | >
| | > Thanks
| | >
| | > Stephen

| | >>|