Remote Offices

Bad Beagle

I have some remote offices that are connected to a AD domain. Can someone
please give me some advice on how to accomplish the following with the least
amount of work?

There are 2 computers - named Computer1 and COmputer 2. Computer 2 will be
retired. Computer 1 needs to be renamed to Computer 2. A new computer will
be added and needs to be named COmputer 1.

I need to make it as easier as possible so that the technician adding the
new computer does not have to call back and get the computers deleted from
AD or moved to the appropriater container in AD.

Can someone please help me with this?

Newbie Coder

Bad Beagle,

Take the computers out of the domain, rename them & then put the new
computer in the domain again, reboot...

Get the new machine & then rename to Computer 1, put in the domain & restart
it

Ken Zhao [MSFT]

Hello Bad,

Thank you for using newsgroup!

From your post, I'd like to thanks Newbie Coder's suggestions. You may
refer to his suggestions.

Thanks & Regards,

Ken Zhao

Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security <http://www.microsoft.com/security>

| From: "Newbie Coder" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Re: Remote Offices
| Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 00:14:51 +0100
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
|
| Bad Beagle,
|
| Take the computers out of the domain, rename them & then put the new
| computer in the domain again, reboot...
|
| Get the new machine & then rename to Computer 1, put in the domain &
restart
| it
|
| --
| Newbie Coder
| (It's just a name)
|

| | > I have some remote offices that are connected to a AD domain. Can
someone
| > please give me some advice on how to accomplish the following with the
| least
| > amount of work?
| >
| > There are 2 computers - named Computer1 and COmputer 2. Computer 2 will
| be
| > retired. Computer 1 needs to be renamed to Computer 2. A new computer
| will
| > be added and needs to be named COmputer 1.
| >
| > I need to make it as easier as possible so that the technician adding
the
| > new computer does not have to call back and get the computers deleted
from
| > AD or moved to the appropriater container in AD.
| >
| > Can someone please help me with this?

Ken Zhao [MSFT]

Hello Bad,

I am just writing to see how everything is going. If you have any updates
or need any further assistance on this issue, please feel free to let me
know.

Thanks & Regards,

Ken Zhao

Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security <http://www.microsoft.com/security>

| From: (e-mail address removed) ("Ken Zhao [MSFT]")
| Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 05:17:30 GMT
| Subject: Re: Remote Offices
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
|
| Hello Bad,
|
| Thank you for using newsgroup!
|
| From your post, I'd like to thanks Newbie Coder's suggestions. You may
| refer to his suggestions.
|
| Thanks & Regards,
|
| Ken Zhao
|
| Microsoft Online Support
| Microsoft Global Technical Support Center
|
| Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
<http://www.microsoft.com/security>
| ====================================================
| When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
| that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
| ====================================================
rights.

| --------------------
| | From: "Newbie Coder" <[email protected]>
| | Subject: Re: Remote Offices
| | Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 00:14:51 +0100
| | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
| |
| | Bad Beagle,
| |
| | Take the computers out of the domain, rename them & then put the new
| | computer in the domain again, reboot...
| |
| | Get the new machine & then rename to Computer 1, put in the domain &
| restart
| | it
| |
| | --