Remote Desktops - Mouse Pointer Disappearing

Sal

This issue was brought up before but the subject seemed to have died. I am
bringing it up again in hopes of Microsoft or someone to have a fix for
this.

I am using Remote Desktops (Not to be confused w/ Remote Desktop, singular
that comes w/ XP) that comes w/ The resoure kit. Anyway I have about 30 or
so servers listed in it and at any given time will have about 5 to 8
connections open at one time. Very often while in one of the sessions my
mouse disappears when I move the mouse over the session. If I move away
from it, into my regular desktop it works. Does anyone else have this?
Anybody know a fix for it? This is driving me crazy because everytime that
happens I have to close out the whole program and connect all over again.

Sal

Shawn

I am also having this problem. I have XPSP1, standard USB mouse, with
a Dual Monitor Appian card. It works fine for about 20min, and then
the cursor blinks on and off in any of the sessions. It's not a
config issue on the remote box, becasue I can launch the app, connect
to one system, minimize the app, come back 20min later, and the mouse
will flicker. The tool also sucks because you can't sort the names
you enter, and you can't copy settings from one computer to another.
This seems to me like it was thrown out the door, kinda like XP.
Another frustrating tool from MS that works half ass.

Sal

Hi Huei

No there is no Screen Saver enabled.

Shawn

I also have a dual monitor setup. I am using the Matrox card. I have tried
updating the drivers but still have same problem. I agree not being able to
sort the names you enter by alphabetical order is very frustrating as well
as the mouse pointer disappearing.

Saul

Shawn said:
I am also having this problem. I have XPSP1, standard USB mouse, with
a Dual Monitor Appian card. It works fine for about 20min, and then
the cursor blinks on and off in any of the sessions. It's not a
config issue on the remote box, becasue I can launch the app, connect
to one system, minimize the app, come back 20min later, and the mouse
will flicker. The tool also sucks because you can't sort the names
you enter, and you can't copy settings from one computer to another.
This seems to me like it was thrown out the door, kinda like XP.
Another frustrating tool from MS that works half ass.

"Huei Wang [MSFT]" <[email protected]> wrote in message
On the session that mouse disappear, is screen saver got kick in?

am 30
or

Huei Wang [MSFT]

When you click on the session, does mouse pointer re-appear?

Shawn said:
I am also having this problem. I have XPSP1, standard USB mouse, with
a Dual Monitor Appian card. It works fine for about 20min, and then
the cursor blinks on and off in any of the sessions. It's not a
config issue on the remote box, becasue I can launch the app, connect
to one system, minimize the app, come back 20min later, and the mouse
will flicker. The tool also sucks because you can't sort the names
you enter, and you can't copy settings from one computer to another.
This seems to me like it was thrown out the door, kinda like XP.
Another frustrating tool from MS that works half ass.

"Huei Wang [MSFT]" <[email protected]> wrote in message
On the session that mouse disappear, is screen saver got kick in?

This issue was brought up before but the subject seemed to have
died.
about
sessions

Sal

No it does not. I have to close the whole remote desktop program and then
reopen it. I may have 5 sessions logged on and when it happens it happens
to all of them.

Sal

Shawn said:
[...]

Just got word on this, this issue should have been fixed and is in Windows
2003 Server SP1 Beta, if you have the Server SP1 Beta CD or get it from
http://www.beta.microsoft.com, you can run redist setup from CD or

1) Create a local directory and extract/copy over mstsmmc.dll, mstscax.dll
from CD (file is compressed and have the extension of .dl_, use expand.exe
to expand it).

2) In the directory, run regsvr32 .\mstsmmc.dll and regsvr32 .\mstscax.dll

Let me know how it goes.

-Huei Wang