Remote Assistance

N

NJITGS

Greetings All!

Not sure if this is the correct group for posting this but it was as close as it came in my Outlook Newsgroups. If it isn't maybe someone can give me the correct address to the Remote Assistance group (e.g. Microsoft.public.windowsxp.outlook).

Anyway, here's the story; Recently, I have been attempting to help a friend in another state via Remote Assistance using Windows Messenger 4.7.3 and when I send the other person the request nothing happens on his end and I get the RA message stating that the other person has accepted the request, however, nothing happens, we just wait and wait and nothing. Now opposite, if he sends me the request I confirm the messenger request then a little RA window pops up saying that it is attempting to connect to his computer, then it opens the big RA desktop window then I see his system window that has the manufacturer of his computers logo on it, then something that I can just barely see that looks like a prefilled username and password box flashes but not quite long enough to read the prefilled shaded info, then the RA desktop window indicates that it is waiting to the other person to connect then after about two minutes it tells me that the connection could not be established because the other person declined the request although he already accepted it in messenger. Also, when the other person attempts to launch the RA from the desktop icon, nothing happens, we have done a computer-wide search for Remote Assistance on his computer and as it turns out all the files are there except that it just doesn't seem to want to launch for some reason and this could be the reason why his computer keeps rejecting the requests.

Does anyone know what's going on? or have a solution?

Bother computers run Window XP Home Edition SPII and we are also both on DSL my connection 768/128 and his 7.5

Among the measures taken to troubleshoot on both systems:

Disabled firewall from both DSL modems

Tried RA both with and without SPII Firewall, then allowed the Remote exceptions in SPII firewall

Changed security settings in Internet Options, reset all to low

Reset Web Settings

Checked Network connections

Ran Anti-Virus and Ant-Spyware programs

Ran XP's utilities (Disk Cleanup, Disk Defrag, System File Checker- sfc ..scannow)

Thank you in advance for your continued support!

Elaine Beauxrauxgard-Weiderhoff

B

Boe

I have the same issue - usually firewalls, routers cause the issue - haven't found a solution yet.

Greetings All!

Not sure if this is the correct group for posting this but it was as close as it came in my Outlook Newsgroups. If it isn't maybe someone can give me the correct address to the Remote Assistance group (e.g. Microsoft.public.windowsxp.outlook).

Anyway, here's the story; Recently, I have been attempting to help a friend in another state via Remote Assistance using Windows Messenger 4.7.3 and when I send the other person the request nothing happens on his end and I get the RA message stating that the other person has accepted the request, however, nothing happens, we just wait and wait and nothing. Now opposite, if he sends me the request I confirm the messenger request then a little RA window pops up saying that it is attempting to connect to his computer, then it opens the big RA desktop window then I see his system window that has the manufacturer of his computers logo on it, then something that I can just barely see that looks like a prefilled username and password box flashes but not quite long enough to read the prefilled shaded info, then the RA desktop window indicates that it is waiting to the other person to connect then after about two minutes it tells me that the connection could not be established because the other person declined the request although he already accepted it in messenger. Also, when the other person attempts to launch the RA from the desktop icon, nothing happens, we have done a computer-wide search for Remote Assistance on his computer and as it turns out all the files are there except that it just doesn't seem to want to launch for some reason and this could be the reason why his computer keeps rejecting the requests.

Does anyone know what's going on? or have a solution?

Bother computers run Window XP Home Edition SPII and we are also both on DSL my connection 768/128 and his 7.5

Among the measures taken to troubleshoot on both systems:

Disabled firewall from both DSL modems

Tried RA both with and without SPII Firewall, then allowed the Remote exceptions in SPII firewall

Changed security settings in Internet Options, reset all to low

Reset Web Settings

Checked Network connections

Ran Anti-Virus and Ant-Spyware programs

Ran XP's utilities (Disk Cleanup, Disk Defrag, System File Checker- sfc .scannow)

Thank you in advance for your continued support!

Elaine Beauxrauxgard-Weiderhoff

Ask a Question