Remote Assistance does not work if XP is not Activated?

I am trying to get remote desktop (remote assistance) working on a XP Pro computer that is not yet activated (as in "you have 30 days left to activate windows XP") I can not get remote assistance to work. I can send an invitation for assistance to another user, the other user accepts the invitation but then nothing happens.

Could this problem be due to Windoes XP is not yet activated. (Remote assistance and remote desktop are both turned on in system properties, firewall, network, etc. all seem fine...

Anyone know??

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello,
Since you have not expired the 30 day grace period, this is not an
activation issue.
Remote Assistence is not turned off during the 30 day grace period.
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

From: "=?Utf-8?B?QWRtaW5LZW4=?=" <[email protected]>
Subject: Remote Assistance does not work if XP is not Activated?
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 00:46:03 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windows.server.general

I am trying to get remote desktop (remote assistance) working on a XP Pro
computer that is not yet activated (as in "you have 30 days left to
activate windows XP") I can not get remote assistance to work. I can send
an invitation for assistance to another user, the other user accepts the
invitation but then nothing happens.

Could this problem be due to Windoes XP is not yet activated. (Remote
assistance and remote desktop are both turned on in system properties,
firewall, network, etc. all seem fine...)

Anyone know??

Kelly

WOW! The previous post was attached. Thank you!

From: "=?Utf-8?B?QWRtaW5LZW4=?=" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 00:46:03 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windows.server.general

I am trying to get remote desktop (remote assistance) working on a XP Pro
computer that is not yet activated (as in "you have 30 days left to
activate windows XP") I can not get remote assistance to work. I can send
an invitation for assistance to another user, the other user accepts the
invitation but then nothing happens.

Could this problem be due to Windoes XP is not yet activated. (Remote
assistance and remote desktop are both turned on in system properties,
firewall, network, etc. all seem fine...)

Anyone know??

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello Kelly,
I usually attach the prewvious post
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

From: "=?Utf-8?B?QWRtaW5LZW4=?=" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 00:46:03 -0700
Newsgroups:
microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windows.server.general