Reminder Tasks generate with eacn new e-mail

Reaction score
I have Outlook 2000. Recently, I was trying to copy my .pst to a flash so I could use it at work to restore my work e-mail, and I was trying to do it the wrong way (I was tring to zip it and e-mail to work instead of exporting it to a flash drive). When my home e-mail started malfunctioning (probably because of what I was doing with the .pst file), I ran the inbox repair tool. NOW, every time I start my Outlook, my whole screen fills up with reminder tasks, which really are just new e-mails. The same ones pop up each time, plus a new reminder for each new e-mail, which then pops up again when I actually open that e-mail. I also lost all the addresses in my address book. The address book can be rebuilt, but the reminder flood is driving me crazy. Can anyone tell me how to stop the flood without losing the funcionality of the reminder task list (I do use if for other things) - OH, and other than a monthly reminder I have been using, which remained in the task list, I cannot generate any new reminders. Even if I put in the due date, when it shows up on the list display, it shows up with no date. At this point, I don't even know if the monthly reminder will work on schedule.

Ask a Question