Reliable Fax/Phone Software

Shelly

Is there anyrhing available to answer a home/office user's phone that will
answer the phone and send faxes reliably? I don't need all the latest bells
& whistles. Thanks.

Chuck

Yes, There is.
Some of the multifunction fax/scan/copy/printers will also answer the phone
line, and provide voicemail type service.

Box134

What the poster meant was you may have software that came with your modem to
do that. However, I've never yet seen bundled software that was worth a
damn. I have Talkworks Pro 3.0 from 1999 which still works fine. Most of the
old players in this type of software seem to have sold off or gone out of
the business.

For something more up-to-date look at:

http://www.ventafax.com/index.html

Also, do a Google search for "fax and answering machine software." You'll
find many more softwares.

Shelly

Thanks. I did try VentaFax and just found it too difficult to set up. Every
single one, there have been many, seems either impossible to set up or bug
ridden somewhere along the way.

I have a feeling that these soho programs are designed by non-professional
programmers working out of their attics at night! I wish MS would come up
with something. (Symantec discontinued TalkWorks because of the support it
required).

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

I wouldn't hold my breath. Everything I see seems to indicate Microsoft is
retreating from fax software as fast or faster as everyone else.

Shelly

That's a shame. I would think there is a huge market for a company that
could design a program that would be reliable and easy to set-up & use.

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
Shelly said:
Thanks. I did try VentaFax and just found it too difficult to set up.
Every single one, there have been many, seems either impossible to set up
or bug ridden somewhere along the way.

I have a feeling that these soho programs are designed by
non-professional programmers working out of their attics at night! I wish
MS would come up with something. (Symantec discontinued TalkWorks because
of the support it required).

\old\ devildog

Go Here.

http://www.rkssoftware.com

Get MightyFax. I have been using it for quite a while. Works well and is
simple to set up and use. I don't use the auto-answer, but I have never had
a problem with sending.

It has a free 30 day full demo. If you like it buy it (it only cost about 30
bucks). I did. I send anywhere from 2 to 30 faxes a day, with anywhere from
2 sheets to 25 or more.

--
"old' devildog
-- Semper Fi --

------------------------------

| Is there anyrhing available to answer a home/office user's phone that will
| answer the phone and send faxes reliably? I don't need all the latest
bells
| & whistles. Thanks.

Box134

Too bad you've had such difficulty. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for MS
to come up with reliable telephony software. They seem committed to supply
only token offerings in accessory programs for graphics, word processing,
backup, etc.

When you say you found software difficult to set up, where did you encounter
the problem? Setting up the modem, mailboxes, or what? Maybe someone could
help you that way.