Related button missing in IE

Vantage

using the MSPress 70-272 book, it says you can add a "Related" button to the
IE standard toolbar, using the Customize feature. I can't find it anywhere?

Ramesh, MS-MVP

"Related" extension is removed in Windows XP Service Pack 2. To get it back,
do this:

Download: http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/alexa.zip
Unzip, place "related.htm" in "\WINDOWS\Web" folder
Right-click "RestoreAlexa.reg", and then choose "Merge"

Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows XP Shell/User]
Windows® XP Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com

using the MSPress 70-272 book, it says you can add a "Related" button to the
IE standard toolbar, using the Customize feature. I can't find it anywhere?

Vantage

Thanks Ramesh. Any idea why it was removed? It kinda annoys me I bought the
SP 2 study guide for this exam and it's got conflicts like this in it. And
following MS logic "always update", it seems strange that the include in the
book. Is there special circumstances when Related is used, say in
corporate/AD environments?

David Candy

Because stupid spywear programs kept flagfging it as spywear.

Goodbye Web Diary
http://margokingston.typepad.com/harry_version_2/2005/12/thank_you_and_g.html#comments

Ramesh said:
"Related" extension is removed in Windows XP Service Pack 2. To get it
back,
do this:

Download: http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/alexa.zip
Unzip, place "related.htm" in "\WINDOWS\Web" folder
Right-click "RestoreAlexa.reg", and then choose "Merge"

Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows XP Shell/User]
Windows® XP Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com

using the MSPress 70-272 book, it says you can add a "Related" button to
the
IE standard toolbar, using the Customize feature. I can't find it
anywhere?

Vantage

Ah! cool, now that makes sense :)