Reinstalling deleted Hotfix

G

Trying to make my Win XP Prof computer run faster I deleted Prof teaches Office XP program that I dont use. I also saw about 60 hotfixes. Figuring that the hotfixes were part of that I deleted the first of 60 hotfixes. After checking this forum I see that you are suppose to leave them on. How do I get that first one called Windows XP Hotfix KB823182 back on there. Can I copy it somehow from our other computer and install it back on here?

S

Shenan Stanley

dinkydo said:
Trying to make my Win XP Prof computer run faster I deleted Prof
teaches Office XP program that I dont use. I also saw about 60
hotfixes. Figuring that the hotfixes were part of that I deleted the
first of 60 hotfixes. After checking this forum I see that you are
suppose to leave them on. How do I get that first one called
Windows XP Hotfix KB823182 back on there. Can I copy it somehow
from our other computer and install it back on here?

Did you delete the $blhblhblah##### folders?

That's not uninstalling, that is erasing the ability to uninstall.

If you want, search the microsoft site for the updates and reinstall them
after you download them.

G

What kind of folders are those. My husband thought maybe that was computer swearing but I wouldnt think so on this site. I just went into add/remove and highlighted the ''Windows XP Hotfix KB810217'' file and click on remove.

I will go do my windows update regularly but I will go into it now and update. Thanks for your help.

G

I believe it was the 810217. I have to go back and look. Thanks for the links. Is the 810217 important to my system. I take it that we are suppose to delete any of the hotfixes. I was trying to make my computer faster. Thanks for your help.
--
Dinkydo

Delwin Lee said:
Which one are you looking to reinstall? 810217 or 823182?

810217:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...32-bfab-489b-82dc-ed1e49a16e1c&displaylang=en
823182:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...03-D767-4D68-9BA7-055E93E87847&displaylang=en

--
Please reply in newsgroup.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Ask a Question