Red Header in e-mail


G

Guest

I received a priority message that REALLY stood out because the header
appearing in Outlook was all in red. I want to use this feature and asked the
sender how she did it. She said she clicks on the exclamation icon. This
doesn't work for me. (The icon works, but the message header does not appear
in red when I send it.) Then she said "perhaps when I place a suspense on the
message with a red flag." When I click on the flag on a message I am about to
send, the flag color option is grayed out. Also I do not know what a
"suspense" is. So how do I get a header to appear in red in the receiver's
inbox?
 
Ad

Advertisements

R

Roady [MVP]

You can't. The view is determined by the client settings of the receiver and
not the sender.
 
G

Guest

Sorry, I don't think you understand. I see her message headers in red, so
something she does when she sends the message causes that to happen on my
system. Never happened before. I cannot send myself a message with a red
header. Clearly she is somehow coding her message to appear red in my system.
I want to know how she does that.

Roady said:
You can't. The view is determined by the client settings of the receiver and
not the sender.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003


-----

EricE said:
I received a priority message that REALLY stood out because the header
appearing in Outlook was all in red. I want to use this feature and asked
the
sender how she did it. She said she clicks on the exclamation icon. This
doesn't work for me. (The icon works, but the message header does not
appear
in red when I send it.) Then she said "perhaps when I place a suspense on
the
message with a red flag." When I click on the flag on a message I am about
to
send, the flag color option is grayed out. Also I do not know what a
"suspense" is. So how do I get a header to appear in red in the receiver's
inbox?
 
Ad

Advertisements

B

Brian Tillman

EricE said:
Sorry, I don't think you understand. I see her message headers in
red,

That's because you have a filter on your Outlook that colors red those
messages whose importance is "high". You're free to turn that off or choose
another color if you like. Tools>Organize>Using Colors>Automatic Formatting
 

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question

Top