    file: RECYCLER/S-7-2-41-100019775-100019948-100023968-622.com. Any one
    experience this problem and how do correct this issue?
    Thanks,

    earchie, Feb 8, 2009

  2. earchie

    Kelly Guest

    Hi,

    Covered - here are some pointers:

    http://www.symantec.com/security_response/writeup.jsp?docid=2007-042306-2226-99&tabid=3

    Navigate to and delete the following registry entries:

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies
    \Explorer\Run\"WinFile" = "%System%\drivers\Invalid.exe"

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies
    \Explorer\Run\"DataAccess" = "%Windir%\Invalid.exe"

    (The above two entries were not found in my registry but by resetting
    the values of the following two, my "Drive letters" became operable
    again.

    "Recycler.exe" is a bug, it would seem, & can be "carried by anything
    moved by a data pen".)

    Restore the following registry entries to their previous values, if
    required:

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies
    \Explorer\"NoDriveTypeAutoRun" = "95"

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer
    \Advanced\Folder\Hidden\SHOWALL\"CheckedValue" = "0"

    Exit the Registry Editor.

    --

    All the Best,
    Kelly (MS-MVP/DTS&XP)

    Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!

    Kelly, Feb 9, 2009

  3. earchie

    Pyxiss_Landi

    Joined:
    Feb 12, 2009
    Likes Received:
    0
    Disk Check?

    I had the same error and before I went crazy I just did a simple "disk check" on the drive and it was fixed.

    Right Click Drive: Properties/tools/diskcheck

    Won't hurt to give it a crack. :)

    Pyxiss_Landi, Feb 12, 2009
  4. earchie

    Istandalone11

    Joined:
    Feb 24, 2009
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Canada
    I had a similar issue. the recycler error woudl occur whenever tried to open hard drive from "my computer". I had run autorun eater. that resolved that issue. However continueing on, i realized i could not defrag,checkdisk, or any maintaining programming. I was stumped. I went to go to one a website and it stated it could not let me pass due to a trojan. I got a hold of windows live one care trial version, due to it was apparent my antivirus wasnt working properly, or i just didnt set it up. either way. So i ran quick updates with windows live one care trial version. ran scan, sure enough 3 trojans, it did an auto heal, i restarted, all issues were resolved. I had done pretty much all that was recommended in this thread, and others similar to such. This is how i resolved the issue, I hope it was helpful.

    Istandalone11, Feb 24, 2009
  5. earchie

    ju.c Guest

    Please don't delete previous posts, thanks.

    ju.c, Feb 28, 2009