Recuva - Wonderful

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
I'd just like to sing the praises of Recuva once more. I first heard of it on one of TC's threads last year. Only yesterday did I need to use it.

A few days ago I put some pics onto the CD that had all my photos from my February trip to Namibia, as there was some space on it. I don't know what went wrong but the CD became totally unreadable and I thought I had lost all records of my holiday forever. I had previously deleted all the pics from the PC.

I downloaded Recuva and ran the programme. I have been able to retrieve almost every picture even though it has taken quite a long while. Well worth it though. :nod:

One thing I find hard to understand is that some of the pics are listed as "unrecoverable" but there in the preview pane are the very pics usually crystal clear. I assume that it means that it is not possible to copy them directly to a folder. However with Vista's Snipping Tool it is very easy to highlight and then save the picture to a folder.

Recuva must be one of the best freeware prgrammes around.:thumb:

Reaction score
nivrip said:
Recuva must be one of the best freeware prgrammes around.:thumb:

Most definately..It was through TC's threadthat I was able to Recuva nearly 20 odd gig of music. I have used it religiously since then and actually made a good fortune recovering for other people..

Ask a Question