Recovering emails into outlook express after system crash

S

Steve

My windows xp system crashed due to a virus. the machine
is now virus free and the operating system repaired. All
of my documents are still in the system and are fully
recoverable. Unfortunately, I cannot find my emails or
address book entries and don't know how to recover them.
Any ideas?

G

Steve
How did you remove the virus? If you have antivirus software running on your machine, then it could have quarantined the address book and mailbox files. Check your antivirus software's quarantine option to see if you see the mailbox and address book files. If that is not the case, then the files were deleted and you will need to use some data recovery software to recover them. Just remember, that if they were deleted or are in quarantine then will most likely be still infected with a virus. If you are able to recover them whether from quarantine or deleted status, then don't open them directly, create new mailbox and address book files if not already done so and use the import option in outlook express to import the messages and addresses from them instead. That way you most likely will not re-infect your computer while being able to keep your messages
Ji
mrfixitct

Ask a Question