Recover fat32 table

ferocius_net

Hi,

I after some failed resizing with Partition Magic, my E and F drive
aren't accessible anymore. In Partition Magic, I can see the drives
with the correct used data.. So, the data is there. Tried several
options, but in the end I downloaded Data doctor recovery v3.0.1.5.
Can see all the data on the disc! But to restore it, I need to buy it.

Because the program is expensive, I am searching for an alternative
way to restore the data on the disks. And I think it must be some
simple problem, but I don't know how to fix it. Can any help me with
it, is it just a removed partition table wich can be easy restored?

Thanks!

Pegasus

See below.

Hi,

I after some failed resizing with Partition Magic, my E and F drive
aren't accessible anymore. In Partition Magic, I can see the drives
with the correct used data.. So, the data is there.

*** Not necessarily. You might see the directory listings
*** only and the data behind these listings might be unuseable.
Tried several
options, but in the end I downloaded Data doctor recovery v3.0.1.5.
Can see all the data on the disc! But to restore it, I need to buy it.

Because the program is expensive, I am searching for an alternative
way to restore the data on the disks.

*** You may have to treat this unfortunate event as an
*** expensive lesson that teaches you that all important
*** data must be backed up regularly to an independent
*** medium, and especially before a major operation such
*** as a partition resize. If you don't then you gamble. A 2.5"
*** disk in an external USB case is a low cost but highly
*** effective backup medium.
And I think it must be some
simple problem, but I don't know how to fix it. Can any help me with
it, is it just a removed partition table wich can be easy restored?

*** If it's simple then Data Doctor will fix it. If the data
*** is corrupted then nothing will fix it.

Terry R.

On 6/5/2007 1:58 PM On a whim, (e-mail address removed) pounded out on
the keyboard
Hi,

I after some failed resizing with Partition Magic, my E and F drive
aren't accessible anymore. In Partition Magic, I can see the drives
with the correct used data.. So, the data is there. Tried several
options, but in the end I downloaded Data doctor recovery v3.0.1.5.
Can see all the data on the disc! But to restore it, I need to buy it.

Because the program is expensive, I am searching for an alternative
way to restore the data on the disks. And I think it must be some
simple problem, but I don't know how to fix it. Can any help me with
it, is it just a removed partition table wich can be easy restored?

Thanks!

PM has a utility called ptedit32.exe. Look in the program folder. I have
corrected issues in the past with it. It accesses the partition table.
But you will have to do the homework to understand what to do in your
case in using that program or you can destroy everything.

--
Terry R.

***Reply Note***

Pegasus \(MVP\)

Irradicant said:
You problem can be easily solved using ARAX Disk Doctor. This tool
will recover your partitions easily
http://www.disk-doctor.com/

- The OP does not need to recover partitions. He wants
to recover data.
- How can you possibly guarantee that DiskDoctor will
retrieve the OP's files?
- Newsgroup etiquette requires that you flag commercial
products such as DiskDoctor.
- Do you really think that the OP waited one full month
for your solution?

Malke

Pegasus said:
- The OP does not need to recover partitions. He wants
to recover data.
- How can you possibly guarantee that DiskDoctor will
retrieve the OP's files?
- Newsgroup etiquette requires that you flag commercial
products such as DiskDoctor.
- Do you really think that the OP waited one full month
for your solution?

Pegasus - This guy is just a spammer who does this. He/she/it goes
through old posts and finds ones relating to data recovery and then
spams the thread. There was another guy doing this a while ago, trying
to direct people to some cr*p Russian software. This might be the same
guy since it's the same MO, but it's spam and they're scum.

Malke

Pegasus \(MVP\)

Pegasus - This guy is just a spammer who does this. He/she/it goes through
old posts and finds ones relating to data recovery and then spams the
thread. There was another guy doing this a while ago, trying to direct
people to some cr*p Russian software. This might be the same guy since
it's the same MO, but it's spam and they're scum.

Malke

Thanks for the pointer.