Recommend a motherboard......?

Reaction score
Hi all,

as some of you may know I have recently just upgraded my 533 478 pin processor to a P4 3.06 HT Northwood, at teh same time I decided to upgrade my ram from 256md to 512mb 184pin ddr 2700.

Not a bad bit of kit now condiering it was a celeron 2.8!

Am running a FX5200 graphics card on the Pci port, unfortunately the motherboard doesnt have an AGP slot! So as you can probably see, I've now got somthing of a bottle neck going on!

My motherboards is Intel D845GVSR, installed in a emachines (pcworld :( ) 3210 tower. I think the tower is a mini is fairly compact.

Being a bti of a newb when it comes to pcs, I a lkooking for seom advice as to which motherboard to go for? Which will fit my current case, adn be 100% compatible with my other bits n bobs.

Would also like to take the plunge and get a motherboard with a pci-e graphics slot, although I know this may be a problem due to myprocessor, agp would suffice.

I would appeciate it if someone could recommend a good motherboard compatible with all the above criteria.

A linky to where I can purchase would be superb!

Many thanks! :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, 2001!

Was an arse, as I had to find a decent Micro ATX Mobo. Got one with AGP x8.

After some intiall head scratching, just orderd an ASUS P4s58X-MX from e-components.com, £37.00 deliverd.

Now onto a graphics card!

Ask a Question