What Motherboard?

Reaction score
Hey,

What motherboard do you need for the new Intel Core 2 Duo processors? What chipset etc? Im thinking of buying a new computer and kind have let my knowledge slip. So need to know what motherboards and memory i need, oh, and i guess what graphics cards too!! AGP or PCI Express. Damn these things!!
lol.

Bodhi

Reaction score
bodhi said:
Hey,

What motherboard do you need for the new Intel Core 2 Duo processors? What chipset etc? Im thinking of buying a new computer and kind have let my knowledge slip. So need to know what motherboards and memory i need, oh, and i guess what graphics cards too!! AGP or PCI Express. Damn these things!!
lol.

Bodhi

See my set up below :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Socket LGA775 :)

The 975 chipset is regarded as the best for serious overclocking, but 965 is great too, not a great deal in it tbh.

PCI-E for the win. ;)

Reaction score
OK, so does it go 775 for basic, 965 is better and 975 is best??

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
775 is the socket type (As in AMD 939) ;)

965 or 975 are much the same tbh. You also have Nforce680 for SLI, but i would go with one of the first two if you dont plan to run SLI.

Regarding the graphics cards, basically the higher the number the better. :)

Ask a Question