recalling unread sent message

fran

I sent 2 versions of an email. I want to recall one of them. I have this
capability at work but I can't find it on the windows mail from Vista.
Please help.

Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

fran said:
I sent 2 versions of an email. I want to recall one of them. I have this
capability at work but I can't find it on the windows mail from Vista.
Please help.

It only works within corporate servers, not for real email.

Gary VanderMolen

Can't be done with Windows Mail or most other email clients.
As far as I know, recall is only available when both the sender and
recipient use Outlook through the same Exchange server.

Cynthia

I am very disappointed in your answer. I too used this feature at work from
time to time & would love to be able to have such a feature on home. Is this
something that Windows mail could develop a patch for?

CM Banning,
Corp. Accountant

Bruce Hagen

First, look at the date of that post. Do you think anyone is watching it?
Second. Windows Mail is a *free* e-mail client and lacks the bells and
whistles that MS Outlook has. You are more than welcome to purchase that
program for your home computer.

FYI: All production of Windows Mail ceased in June, 2006. There will never
be any updates or changes to it.

R. C. White

Hi, Cynthia.

I addition to what Bruce said, I'm sorry to say that MVP Frank Saunders, who
helped thousands of posters in these newsgroups, died in 2008.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

Gary VanderMolen [MVP]

In addition to what Bruce said, even purchasing Microsoft Outlook will
not help your issue. It will only work when sending within a company which
is using a Microsoft Exchange server, and the recipient is in the same
company.

Zemina

I was fired for sending the email to the wrong person. Now I am facing civil
and possible criminal charges. Great how Windows/Microsoft looks ahead to
protect its clientele from unintentional mistakes.

Bruce Hagen

If you don't know how to use a computer and e-mail, you were in the wrong
job anyway. Don't bitch about Windows for your ignorance.

Dave N9

It has nothing to do with Microsoft. It's the way email has worked for
decades.
You could have been using Unix or a Mac, it would have done the same thing.

--
Dave N.
MS-MVP (Mail)
"Zemina" wrote in message

I was fired for sending the email to the wrong person. Now I am facing civil
and possible criminal charges. Great how Windows/Microsoft looks ahead to
protect its clientele from unintentional mistakes.

Gary VanderMolen

You obviously have a lot to learn about how email works.
Instead of blaming others for your mistake, you should own up to
it and view it as a hard-learned lesson.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Zemina" wrote in message
I was fired for sending the email to the wrong person. Now I am facing civil
and possible criminal charges. Great how Windows/Microsoft looks ahead to
protect its clientele from unintentional mistakes.

Peter Foldes

Zemina

Aside from all that posted and gave you the right answer you could not have done
what you wanted unless you had the Exchange Server installed which your previous
employer probably had and you did not do a recall at the time

--
Peter

http://www.microsoft.com/protect