Rebbecca Leighton

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Her life has probably been ruined by Greater Manchester police.

Link

Seems the only evidence is her fingerprints were on a saline solution bag which contained the contaminant which killed.

She is (was) a sister nurse working in a busy hospital, small wonder dabs appeared on medical supplies.

The Nursing Association has not given her back her licence to nurse.

Seems to me we're back to the seventies and days of 'Life On Mars' 'when we can't find a suspect we'll pin it on some poor innocent f****r just to appease the public'.

I feel for this girl, I really do, and I know this is going to sound stupid, but just looking at her I believe her. I did say that was stupid ;)

So, folks, you going about your everday job? You conscientious? You care about people and only want to give your best? Don't matter, there's a Blue Meanie gonna lock you up if you in the wrong place at the wrong time.

So it has been and so it will probably ever be.

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Yep, this really is an awful story. She will, forevermore, be tainted by this and people will always have doubts and suspicions about her even though she is now deemed innocent. I agree, you have to feel very sorry for her.

If only the cops would make absolutely certain before they arrest someone.

One of my daughters worked at this very hospital a couple of years back. Yikes! it could have been her that was arrested. :(

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
I did make a comment online to one of the top rags as this accusation it seems is seriously bo11ks..at the initial accusation stage she was shown as a p1ss head havin a laugh on a friday ...stating on facebook she hated work , shown in all the papers..guilty as a certainty..except i do that that every bloody week !

Last edited:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
It must be terrible to be falsely accused, and for the media to jump on it with such force so that your face is everywhere. If the only evidence was finger prints, then the police should have presumably just brought her in for questioning? Seems a bit much to arrest her (unless she was not co-operating or something - we don't know all the facts).

I think the media is also guilty of taking it a bit far in how they portrayed her, before she was even convicted of anything :(

Ask a Question