REALLY need help with these SIS Drivers! ARGH

Reaction score
Ive tryd and tryd to get drivers for my comp - managed to get onto the packard bell website where i got this comp from a year ago, and this happens -

http://img434.imageshack.us/img434/3705/sis3en.jpg

ive looked all over the net and cannot find a solution. Can you guys help me?? without this i cant play any games. I also get this when i go into dxdiag - The file SiSGRV.dll is not digitally signed, which means that it has not been tested by Microsoft's Windows Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL). You may be able to get a WHQL logo'd driver from the hardware manufacturer.

^ and ive tryd looking on the SiS site, no help there..^

Edit - attachted dxdiag file.

Attachments

• dxdiag.txt
    34.9 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
That link not working for some reason so go Here and from the left select 'Sis and Xabre drivers'.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
That link not working for some reason so go Here and from the left select 'Sis and Xabre drivers'.
Which Left hand you using today Flopps. :D

powerz ... the message is not uncommon ... just press, "continue Anyway", if the drives mess-up, "roll back" the drivers.

:thumb:

SiS make the crapiest chips & drivers ... but dirt cheap ... that is why Crapard Hell use them ... good luck with any games.

;)

Reaction score
muckshifter said:
Which Left hand you using today Flopps. :D

powerz ... the message is not uncommon ... just press, "continue Anyway", if the drives mess-up, "roll back" the drivers.

:thumb:

SiS make the crapiest chips & drivers ... but dirt cheap ... that is why Crapard Hell use them ... good luck with any games.

;)

Trust me, ive try'd continuing anyway and it still doesnt work properly. Thanks for trying guys, but this is what keeps happening/what has happened so far -

1st time i got Wow - Same problem. days later, i relised that i forgot to install this SiS VGA utility tool (lol?) and the rest of the drivers that went with it after i re-formatted my comp :p

After that, despite the worst graphics ever, it played ok.

Few days ago, was playing cossacks Ew (which i have always been able to do with/without those drivers) and it crashed mid-game. Thought it was strange, and had to perform a cold boot. Came back on, message about the sis 651c device failure.

Ok i thought, ill just run the video driver installer again that i kept after the first time, and cossacks started to work ok again. (kept getting this message too - The file SiSGRV.dll is not digitally signed, which means that it has not been tested by Microsoft's Windows Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL). You may be able to get a WHQL logo'd driver from the hardware manufacturer.) < but i just pressed continue installation anyway (same sort of thing happened to my wireless router)

Whenl i played WoW however, it completly froze about 10 seconds through. Through these past 4 days, ive un-installed it, re-installed it, deleted old drivers, downloaded them again, try'd to find the latest drivers (yeah i try'd for at least 3 hours) and checked for virus's. Not even Sis website has the ones i need, i even tryd doing a product search and it turns out they havnt heard of my chipset?????????????

So, after all that... i still cant get the bloody thing to work, oh joy.... I'd appreciate it if you guys could help me find out how this file - SiSGRV.dll (which apparently is my main video driver or somthing) will be accepted? cheers

Oh btw, i checked that website and didnt find what i needed (ill check again though thouroghly) ;)

EDIT -
SiS make the crapiest chips & drivers ... but dirt cheap ... that is why Crapard Hell use them ... good luck with any games

Truer words were never spoken...

Last edited:

muckshifter

Reaction score
Not much more we can do ... SiS can't make drivers and CH can't make PCs. :( sorry

Give me the model number and any other relevant info and I'll have a go at finding some info out.

If you download & install "Everest Home Edition" it will give you all relevant info on your system ... including web links. ;)

muckshifter

Reaction score
ah, a sense of humor too, you'll need it with that PC. :thumb:

You know, it really gets up my nose when we get people like yourself who have been blatantly 'ripped off' by these so call PCs.

:(

Reaction score
ok, i did a check through with it (everest is prety cool ;p) and this is what i got - list of display stuff, need anythin else just ask -

Attachments

• Report (everst comp).txt
    26.7 KB · Views: 63
  • Report (direct x).txt
    24.5 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
Reaction score
muckshifter said:
ah, a sense of humor too, you'll need it with that PC. :thumb:

You know, it really gets up my nose when we get people like yourself who have been blatantly 'ripped off' by these so call PCs.

:(

Yeah, ive kinda always been against Pc's from dixons, currys (god i hate them), pc world, etc.. :(

Needed a new pc about a year ago though, i am only 16 lol :p . Seen that pc and it was pretty cheap (as you can well see), 2.8ghz, 256ram and dvd rw. Sounded ok.. 1 year down the line and ---- you get the drift

muckshifter

Reaction score
Next time take a screwdriver and ask to see under the bonnet ... and watch out for the 6'4" bloke in uniform.

Ok, well ... Everest was for your benefit ... all I want off you is What CH call your base unit. :D

example ... my printer is an HP-PSC 500. ;)

Reaction score
Belive it or not the very very very same model isnt there (after all it is 1 year old), but i think you will agree this is basically it, even looks the same -

packard bell I-media 1306

EDIT - incase you havnt seen, i replaced that xp home edition with xp pro a loooonnngg time ago, and i added more ram and a new sound card :blush: :thumb:

link - http://www.packardbell.co.uk/products/node1821.asp?partnumber=pb13310501

Last edited:

muckshifter

Reaction score
That better, thanks.

Yes I did notice ... ;)

OK, couple for you to try ... the first one you probably already tried.

http://support.packardbell.com/uk/mypc/index.php?PibItemNr=6961540000&PibItemParent=pb13310501#show

http://www.helpdrivers.com/ingles/listado/dow.asp?codigo=39620

The next port of call is Windows Update site ... use the 'custom' button ... and check to see if they have any 'updated' drivers for you. :)

You do have a AGP slot, so all is not totally lost, but you won't be able to fit the latest 'n greatest card in there and personally, I would not spend too much on this PC. ;)

Reaction score
muckshifter, youve been so helpful, thansk again for all the work. I think ill get a job, save up and strip out the RAM card, sound, mouse and keyboard and basically use it as a household office PC :( until then, ill keep trying (hell i might even re-format completly)

Thanks again m8 :( :thumb:

muckshifter

Reaction score
at least you tried to help yourself ;-)

Well, I tried ... and I was polite. :D

Sorry for your loss. ;)

Ask a Question