Graphics card help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I need a little help. You see I just bought call of duty but when I had finished installing it and tried to play the game it said "your graphics card does not support 1 or more features of the game." it said to fix this the most common way is to download a new driver for my graphics card but I am not sure which to download because I think I have a fiarly up to date driver. My graphics card is a SiS 651C and the driver I am currently using is...well... actually I am not sure. I ran DXDIAG and it said the main driver was SiSGRV.dll
So could someone try and find me the most recent driver, if thats not enoug info please ask me what else you would need because I cant play my game!! (sob sob)

Edit: Dont worry about ruining the graphics card because if downloading a new driver will not work I am going to buy a new graphics card anyway! And maybe some more RAM, hhhmmm...bit short of money for that though...Unless I steal...Sorry i'm babbling:p

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
There are some SiS drivers Here but I can't figure out if they're suitable for your card.

Trying them won't ruin your card, but they may not work with it. If that happens (and I'm assuming you're using Win XP) boot in safe mode and 'roll back' to the previous drivers.

I'm not familiar with your video card but I'd guess there's a good possibility it won't run CoD even with new drivers.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Get a new graphics card ... your SIS will not hack it. :(

It this is fitted to a PCChips MB then save your money for a new system. :eek:
Sorry. :blush:

Reaction score
SiS grfx cards are actually natoriously bad. They have a serious compatablility problem along with really sucking... I'm not going to bother looking up your card to find out if its good enough... since even if it is, and your planning on getting a new gfx card. go nvidia or ATI. they are the leading gfx card manufactuer's for a reason. I'mguessing it wouldnt help to go much more in depth about it. My suggestion is just buy an Nvidia card since it I'm assuming COD will be the main game you play for a bit... and the way the gfx engine works... It works better on an nvidia card. some games work better with diff amnufactuerer's depending on a series of things. Good luck. Just make sure you try the driver first. If it works for even a lil while longer.. its all the longer you can save your money... and thats always good. Cheers.

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Never even heard of that Card! whos the manufacturer?

Reaction score
Sis is... they're a manufactuerer like nivdia or ati and a few others. but they are real low end quality. The sad part is... they're not even cheaper... and are usually more expensive .. :-/ go figure.

Reaction score
Radeon 8500 or higher

I am looking to purchase a new or second hand graphics card for the lego starwars game

They recommend the a geforce 3 Radeon 8500 or higher is OK and say that the geforce MX is not supported.

so Radeon 8500 is good but its a bit out of date and I cant find many GCards that are just called "radeon 8500" , theres loads of cards call "radeon X850" etc and even the "radeon 9000" but i havent a clue if these are the next vesrion of the radeon 8500 or if they are the MX sort that I should avoid

can someone let me know what would be the "or higher" versions of the radeon 8500

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Ati cards went like this:

8500 to 9800Pro, then they changed the names to the X800 series, which has the X800pro, X800XT, X800XL and the X800XT PE (being the best) then they went X850XT and X850XT PE (being the best again in that series).

If your looking to spend about £200 on a graphics card, you should be looking at the X800XL, if you want to spend less, say £100 you should get a 9800Pro.

Reaction score
Reefsmoka,

Thanks for the reply, just dont think I have the budget for the X800XL but could probably streach to a 9800Pro.

So the new name for the 8500 would be the X850 XT?

Would the 9800Pro and X850 XT be cards that do NOT support geforce4 MX, as the game definitely says that a card of this sort will not be supported . With an outlay of around a £100 , I want to avoid the MX versions.

Once again thanks

m

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
matchkick said:
So the new name for the 8500 would be the X850 XT?

no, the old series that i know of were 9250, 9500, 9600, 9700, 9800 (i think there is a 7000 series aswell) the new series are now named with an X e.g. X800, X850

the MX4000 series are old cards MX4 is not a type AFAIK, so are not supported by the game, Nvidia then went to the FX series and onto the new 6200, 6600, 6800 and now 7800 series

a 9800Pro or 6600GT will work with just about every game

Reaction score
I forgot completely SiS even existed, which reminds me. Wtf happened to Matrox? Are they still around?

btw i think 6600GT would be better

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
PotGuy said:
I forgot completely SiS even existed, which reminds me. Wtf happened to Matrox? Are they still around?

btw i think 6600GT would be better

yep, matrox are still about but they make profesional cards for graphic designers etc

Reaction score
Hi guys.
I really need a new graphics card to play CoD and Counter strike and other games like that. The graphcs card i have now is a VIA/S3G Unichrome 64MB and I need someone to tell me what graphics card i should get and if it would fit my PC.
Thanks

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
sleekshadow said:
Hi guys.
I really need a new graphics card to play CoD and Counter strike and other games like that. The graphcs card i have now is a VIA/S3G Unichrome 64MB and I need someone to tell me what graphics card i should get and if it would fit my PC.
Thanks
Can you please start a new thread as this one is a bit old, you will also find you get more replies. ;)

Reaction score
I have this graphics card too , and its terrible.

I got it with the PC as i wasnt planning on playing game at the time , but now I want to play Pro Ev and San Andreas.

So im guessing i need a new graphics card?

What do you suggest? Price is priority :D
thanks

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Mark M

start a new thread m8..the last 3 post here span 2 years ...no one is home m8 :)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Rush said:
Mark M

start a new thread m8..the last 3 post here span 2 years ...no one is home m8 :)
He did, but as it was exactly as written above, I deleted it thinking it a mistake. :blush:

Repost Mark, but this time give us all the details. :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question