Re: Re: How can I edit Background Graphics?

Elaine Sia

Go to view, slide master then make sure you select the first slide in the list on the left. When you are on that first slide you can select and edit these types of background items.

THANK YOU so much for the above directions. It worked like magic. Took me a while of searching to figure out it had to do with the background (thought it was a header) and then I never thought of switching to slide master.
I have an existing PPT that I am opening in 2007. There are images on the
master slide that I cannot edit in any way. I can hide them by selecting
"Hide Background Graphics" but that is it. All other controls have no effect
on these graphics. There is also a background image that I can control the
transparency, color etc. How do you edit whatever graphics are controlled by
the Background Graphics button?
On Wednesday, August 29, 2007 10:07 AM Echo S wrote:
Can you select the background objects -- the ones that aren't the image?

Are they selectable on the slide master (the large thumbnail at the top of
the list when you go to View | Slide Master)?

Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/powerpointannoy/

news:[email protected]...
On Saturday, September 08, 2007 9:08 AM Echo S wrote:
Do you have a sample you could send me? I simply don't have this issue.

There's a difference in the 2007 masters and layouts than there was in 2003,
as you're aware. The individual layouts inherit their settings from the
associated slide master (the big ones at the top of the list of smaller
layouts). If the background graphics on the layouts (small thumbnails) come
from the slide master (the big ones), then you must edit them on the slide
master.

So, if you want to delete some graphics from one layout, for example, you
must delete it from the slide master itself (the big one). But what if you
want the graphics to remain on some layouts, but not on others, you ask?
Well, in that case, copy the graphics from the slide master (the big one)
and then paste them onto each individual slide layout (the little ones) so
you can control them on the individual layouts. Then delete the graphics
from the slide master (the big one).

Or perhaps I'm completely misunderstanding -- which is why I'd sure like to
see a sample file. You can mail it to echos at indy dot net, and I'd
appreciate a description of the problem so I can remember what we were
discussing here.

Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/powerpointannoy/

news:[email protected]...

kamilwawrzyszko

Finally!!! I've been looking for this solution for a long time. It's been so annoying. Why can't MS do it easy for us, for f...'s sake!!!

Thanks
Kamil

Joined
May 26, 2015
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
I am a little mickey and so here is a mickey mouse solution
first save it has a MS ppt of the latest version like 2015, then open this slide and
then go to slide master and then add a master slide
click on the original master slide and
Alleluia - you can delete the background graphics on any master slide now
then close master slide , since you add a master slide - you will not find any new slide , so cheers
Praise bee to lord the God Almighty
and his son Jesus-Christ or Isa
Inshaah Allah - any more mickey let me know

Joined
May 26, 2015
Messages
2
Reaction score
0

On Thursday, 18 August 2011 19:14:46 UTC+1, I P wrote:
> Go to view, slide master then make sure you select the first slide in the list on the left. When you are on that first slide you can select and edit these types of background items.

no you cant