Re-Installing XP Home

LaZetta Zee LiDrazzah, Jr. Li

After several years of using XP Home Edition, ran into new problem. Attempts
to Re-Install, get following Error Msg.., during the "Installing Windows"
process..: "An error has been encountered that prevents Setup fromcontinuing.
Data Error: Cyclic Redundancy Check. Installation Failed. E:\I386\ams. A
component's file does not match verification information in the component
manifest.
I had two drives, was playing EverQuest II on the system, but subsequent to
installing MS SharePoint Server, ran out of room. ( reportedly, but not in
fact). Upon attempts to resolve this by removing extra infrequently used
programs, unexpectedly found the disk was "fillking up" even more, to max
capacity.
Attempt to recover using downloaded setup disks from MicroSoft, have failed,
and the same errors continue, even after removing second HD and attemptinfg
to only install with one HD. Was sucessful in Formatting the drive using a
different computer, but failures continue during insuing attempts to install.
Any solution? All my software is MS certigied ok and compatible with MS.
Thanks

Jim

"LaZetta "Zee" LiDrazzah, Jr. Li" <LaZetta "Zee" LiDrazzah, Jr.
[...]
If E is the CD drive, then either it or the CD are bad. CRC failure
indicates a
hardware error. Furthermore, most of the time, the indicated file is
unrepairable.
Jim