Re-install MSDTC on Windows XP

G

Somehow the service for "Distributed Transaction Coordinator (MSDTC)" has be removed. Does anyone know of a way to restore this correctly. It is causing all sorts of other problems regarding ASP and IIS. I have removed the "hide" command from the sysoc.inf and tried to remove and reinstall the service, but the windows setup function would not allow me to remove the checkbox

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you
Steve

R

Raj Kumar Rathi S

Hi,

Please follow the steps:

1. At a command prompt, type net stop msdtc

2. Remove the Microsoft Distributed Transaction Service
(MSDTC).

3. In Registry Editor, delete the
\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\MSDTC subkey.

4. Install the MSDTC service.

5. At the command prompt, type net start msdtc

Hope this help!

Bye
Raj
-----Original Message-----
Somehow the service for "Distributed Transaction
Coordinator (MSDTC)" has be removed. Does anyone know of
a way to restore this correctly. It is causing all sorts
of other problems regarding ASP and IIS. I have removed
the "hide" command from the sysoc.inf and tried to remove
and reinstall the service, but the windows setup function
would not allow me to remove the checkbox.

G

I believe my IIS 5.1 problem on Windows XP is related to all this trouble with MSDTC. However, on my Windows XP Pro SP1 system, I cannot find DTC or Distributed Transaction anything on any of the Windows Components (nor their subs) to remove or reinstall. What do I need to do to actually remove and reinstall this component of Windows XP, assuming it is a component of Windows XP. By the way, I found problems with the way the service was trying to access the log file. Following info in the event log, I had to do "msdtc -resetlog" to get it to know where its own log file was. That done, the service starts, but I still have the same problem so many others have run into with IIS and the class not registered error. Thanks in advance, and please excuse me if I'm too wordy.

Ask a Question