Re-install "Help and Support"

I wanted to re-install Windows "Help & Support" module. I went onto
Google, Re: John Barnetts re-install for this, but since I have Windows
XP-SP2 the file will not re-install.
I do not have a copy of the Windows XP CD or any other type of recovery
disks. Without having to create a new Windows XP CD that incorporates SP2,
(which I have no idea how to do), is there a quick re-install somewhere out
there to re-install Help & Support on SP2 ?
OR.... would I be better off just leaving Help & Support off (since they
take forever to reply) and posting my questions here?

glee

*Why* exactly do you want to reinstall Help and Support? Are you getting some error
message? If so, what is the exact error message and when do you get it?

What happens when you click Start> Help and Support?

(Reply to "glee", from slick1)
1. While optimizing my system of some services that were not vital to my
system, the Help & Support was erroneously disabled along with other services
to help speed up my system.
2. When I click Start on Help & Support a dialog box opens stating:
"Windows cannot open Help and Support because a system service is not
running. To fix this problem, start the service named Help and Support."
3. As to why I want to re-install Help & Support is because: If I do post
a question on any Newsgroup, I want to be sure I first checked with Help &
Support, or Google, or some other resource so I do not get flamed by the
Newsgroup for not checking with Help & Support, or Google, or elsewhere.
That is why I asked in my original post if it was better or not to leave Help
& Support off and just go ahead and post any questions here.
Thank-You.

glee

Click Start> Run, type:
Services.msc
Click OK.

In the Services window, scroll down and find "Help and Support" in the list and
double-click it.
Set the Startup Type to Automatic, and then click the Start button to start the
service.

If the "Help and Support" service is not in the list, download helpsvc.zip from this
location:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/reg/helpsvc.zip
Extract the helpsvc.reg file to your desktop, right-click it and click Merge on the
menu that appears, and OK the confirmation message to add it to the Registry.

After that, "Help and Support" should show up in the Services list, and you can
perform the first part of the fix above.