Windows XP Random reboot.

Reaction score
Hi can anyone help me. for the past couple of days i have noticed that my computer has been rebooting of it's own accord... strangely enough only when i'm not there. i looked at the event viewer and it tells me that there was a system reboot following a bug check, i have no experience with any of this and i am am getting a little frustrated at not being able to resolve it. attached is the dump file in txt format from the last reboot.
Sys specs as follows.
windows xp sp2
AMD athlon 64 3400+
ga-k8vt800 pro mobo
2gb corsair pc3200 ram
40gb master hdd
80gb slave hdd
radeon x850xt pe graphics card.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks,
Moriati.

Attachments

• Mini031106-01.txt
    64 KB · Views: 105

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Turn off Auto-restart and give us the exact error message when you get the BSOD ...

1. Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
2. Click the Advanced tab.
3. Under Startup and Recovery, click Settings to open the Startup and Recovery dialog box.
4. Clear the Automatically restart check box, and click OK the necessary number of times.
5. Restart your computer for the settings to take effect.

:thumb:

Reaction score
Ok,

followed your instructions, so if it reboots again what do i need to do to get the right information on start up?
P.S.
What does BSOD stand for exactly?

muckshifter

Reaction score
moriati said:
Ok,

followed your instructions, so if it reboots again what do i need to do to get the right information on start up?
P.S.
What does BSOD stand for exactly?
It shouldn't reboot but give you the Blue Screen Of Death ... you will then will have a bunch of gobledegook writing on the screen ... just write exactly what it say here.

:)

Reaction score
Here's the info.

bsod8ts.jpg

pikakilla

Proud Cruncher!
Reaction score
hello
bcmw15.sys is a belkin wireless network card file, have you recently changed the driver for this card?

if you have try rolling back

Last edited:
Reaction score
that's odd, i do have a wireless network card but it is made by buffalo and i don't recall updating the drivers for that since it was installed about 3 months ago. Just found an interesting thread related to the same problem and the reccomendation is to install a driver from the HP website. I'll give it a try and post the results here.
Thanks Pikakilla for pointing me in the right direction.

muckshifter

Reaction score
The bottom line of the error message is the clue ... pikakilla has it right on the button.

It's usually a Drivers Problem.

:thumb:

Reaction score
Ok,

All seems well and no reboot as yet, fingers crossed but i think i've cracked it....
thanks to everyone and this very friendly and helpful site.

Ask a Question