random comp shut downs

chelseafc2005

Crunchtastic
Reaction score
Recently i have been recieving random shutdonws of my computer where the power supply just completely turns itself off. I belive it is getting too hot as i have to let it sit for a little while before turning the comp bakc on. Now since it is heat ( i think) im going to stop cruncihing for a few days to see if it makes a difference. It is very very hot where the computer room is so i dont think that helps it at all. I am sorry for stopping crunching but i can assure you i will be back up and running for the pcreviewcrewII soon.

Thanks,
Chelseafc2005

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
It very likely is heat. Do you have temperature monitor software on your machine?

Ideal temp for CPU is anything below 50C

System temp varies but between 25C & 35C is kinda normal.

See if your machine crashes or not when not crunching.

If it stays stable, it's overheating.

Then maybe consider new CPU cooler/case fan(s) setup.

chelseafc2005

Crunchtastic
Reaction score
yikes then my cpu is hot checked it yesterday using everest home edition and it was getting to the low 60's in desgrees c now i have the system turned off during the whole day and so far it has been stable and i will shut down when i do not use it. I will continue to monitor the temps to see if i coudl fit in some crunching and help out the team.

thanks,
chelseafc2005

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
... hot

Yep, I got one of them 60s C ... I love making it sweat ... runing 62 at the moment.
nod.gif

It's been like that for nearly 4 yeas though ... it's 'normal'
laughingsmiley.gif

If we are talking about the CPU in your sig, then I would be giving it a new HSF or a grease job. ;)

I have two 64bit AMD CPUs and only today have I seen 'em climb to over 40c ... actually, this one is @ 48 and the MJW is a cool 42 ... using stock HSF. :D

It's 90F in my Hovel at the moment, whatever that is in C I don't know, but I'm leaking all over the place. :blush:

Roll on winter ... then we'll, no, I'll be compaining of the cold again. :D

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
My X2 3800 is running at 52C (126F) at the moment with the stock AMD HSF and two case fans, room temp is 32C, so yours does seem a little high.

Ask a Question