RADIUS auth

K

Ken Y.

All,

I am having a problem getting my L2TP solution up and running here. Maybe I am missing something and maybe I am having a bad day. Here is what is happening. I install IAS on my RAS and the service is running. I registered the service in AD. I go into RRAS and configure my RADIUS auth and accounting. Now the service fails to start with a message stating there is no RADIUS server on the network. I know it is there is the service is running (this is pretty frustrating). Did I miss something? Here is what event manager has to say. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: RemoteAccess
Event Category: None
Event ID: 20153
Date: 8/7/2003
Time: 4:22:54 PM
User: N/A
Computer: VPNDC
Description:
The currently configured accounting provider failed to load and initialize successfully. No RADIUS servers were located on the network.
Data:
0000: aa 03 00 00 ª...

Event Source: IAS
Event ID: 13
Time: 4:07:24 PM
Description:
The description for Event ID ( 13 ) in Source ( IAS ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. The following information is part of the event: 172.16.3.6.

--

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

This electronic message transmission contains information which may be confidential or privileged. The information is intended for the use of the individual or entity whose electronic mail address is named above. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please notify the originator.

````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Kenneth L. Yannacci
(e-mail address removed)
(e-mail address removed)

K

Ken Y.

I was able to fix this. I forgot to setup my client in IAS.

Ken
All,

I am having a problem getting my L2TP solution up and running here. Maybe I am missing something and maybe I am having a bad day. Here is what is happening. I install IAS on my RAS and the service is running. I registered the service in AD. I go into RRAS and configure my RADIUS auth and accounting. Now the service fails to start with a message stating there is no RADIUS server on the network. I know it is there is the service is running (this is pretty frustrating). Did I miss something? Here is what event manager has to say. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Event Source: RemoteAccess
Event ID: 20153
Time: 4:22:54 PM
Description:
The currently configured accounting provider failed to load and initialize successfully. No RADIUS servers were located on the network.
Data:
0000: aa 03 00 00 ª...

Event Source: IAS
Event ID: 13
Time: 4:07:24 PM
Description:
The description for Event ID ( 13 ) in Source ( IAS ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. The following information is part of the event: 172.16.3.6.

--

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

This electronic message transmission contains information which may be confidential or privileged. The information is intended for the use of the individual or entity whose electronic mail address is named above. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please notify the originator.

````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Kenneth L. Yannacci
(e-mail address removed)
(e-mail address removed)

Ask a Question