Quiet here today...where are peoples?

Reaction score
Been a quiet day on the forum today....so what are people up to?
I saw a friend & his 2 children today & lunched at Macdonalds.
Not my choice but the children like it..oh and i had a mcflurry & apple pie.:D

Chilled out & saw my fantasy football predictions go south on me!:(
Think i'm still bottom of the forum league.:blush:

So what have others been up to??

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah it has been quiet today.

Been out round Cheshire today - although we didn't get to walk very far as it lashed it down... Ironically, it's nice and sunny here in Manchester now!

Called in to a farm shop on the way back to pick up lots of cheese, ham, pickle and bread - so now I'm just watching the minutes tick by until I can dig in :lol:

Tomorrow is going to be a bit of a boring day, as we've got loads of chores to catch up on - eye test, food shopping, ironing, etc... although in the evening we're going to try and head off to see "Salt" at the cinema :thumb: .

Reaction score
I came home from hospital today yaaaaaay!! Then spent two hours looking for an old arcade game that i can't remember....it was a shooter a bit like galaxy but, you had different levels with different things to shoot. Then you had to docket your single rocket to a twin firing rocket and the game really took. When you wre skilled enough to make it further you had to to dock to a third larger rocket but then you could fire in fives....it was class.....couldn't find it though.......anyone recognise it from the 80's. Forgot to mention all the enemies flew in from the sides.

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
although in the evening we're going to try and head off to see "Salt" at the cinema :thumb: .

I saw Salt two weeks ago and it thought it was good.

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Played nurses with hubby's leg (healing nicely, but still requires a dressing.) Then I made a curry, which was rather tasty (if I might say so ;) ) then spent an hour or so in Guild Wars, enjoying a good battle. :D

Very glad to hear you're home from the hospital, Cap'n, hope you're not feeling too shaky after being laid-up for a week and will soon get your strength back. :nod:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I been doing lots-n-lots of ...

... nothing :D

Well, played some games. ;)

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Tidying up the garden. :)

Waiting for Last Night of the Proms. :nod:

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:

Eye test on a Sunday ?

Me been out to the butchers today to get bacon, eggs, sausages and black pudding for tomorrows nice big fry up. Was almost tempted to do one for me tea tonight. Other than that, bumped into an old mate I haven't seen in years, so nipped into the local for a few jars :D

Reaction score
Out with my son today, Twice in the rain with the dog.

Only one it bothers is the dog. He's only a little yorkie so after a while looks like a drowned rat and feels very sorry for him self. Lucas and I arent bothered by the rain to be honest!

Tomorrow off to Eastham woods with the dog and Lucas again to meet up with some a couple of friends of mine of whom I haven't seen for a long long time as one has been in Aus, and she's been loving it - The other lives in Warrington. Quite looking forward to catching up again!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Today is my twin daughter's 22nd birthday and they're staying with me atm with their boyfriends. The place is a tip.

Today I picked up a friend's computer from her, it's faulty. It was sluggish and froze. Suspected a virus or malware initially but then it froze whilst I was in the Bios. After some tests I now suspect video card, will try substitute tomorrow.

Visited me Mum, picked up girls' birthday presents from her. Visited ex-bro & sis-in-law and collected old computer from him I built about 5 years ago, a socket A machine. They didn't want it anymore, so will probably break for spare parts.

Was going to go for a drink last night but it poured down so did not. With the money I saved I treated myself to two vinyl albums from the local record shop for a tenner each - Pink Floyd's DSOTM and the first Television album.

Mused on the fact that this is the third time I've bought DSOTM on vinyl, first time on the day it came out from a shop at Ludgate Circus near Blackfriars Bridge and the second time at a record shop in Padstow, Cornwall.

It's not even me favourite PF album but worth having on vinyl just to hear all the sonic niceties on it.

All offspring and boyfriends have just left for a Mexican meal in Greenwich so now I'm going to open a Guinness or six, sit down and listen to me new vinyl toys :)

Reaction score
captain zed said:
I came home from hospital today yaaaaaay!! Then spent two hours looking for an old arcade game that i can't remember....it was a shooter a bit like galaxy but, you had different levels with different things to shoot. Then you had to docket your single rocket to a twin firing rocket and the game really took. When you wre skilled enough to make it further you had to to dock to a third larger rocket but then you could fire in fives....it was class.....couldn't find it though.......anyone recognise it from the 80's. Forgot to mention all the enemies flew in from the sides.

Hello Zed.
Good to here you are out of hospital and on the mend.
Did you find your game?
historian

Ask a Question