Where do I go from here?

Reaction score
This may be the weirdest request you guys have ever heard, but it's from the heart. I'm newly retired and single and the only two things keeping me here in Chicago, Il, USA are my kid brother Scott and my old dear friend Tom, whose been battling lung cancer for the last 5 yrs! My brother is 52 and just fine physically, his live-in girl friend, Laura, has been wonderful for him,so I'm not worried about him at all. I moved down to the southside of Chicago to be near my old friend while he fought his disease and he's bested it, for the most part. The problem is his wife, Daria! She's given up. I don't blame her at all. She needs physical companionship, I think. According to statistics, Tom should have died over 4 yrs ago, and I'm truly astounded and happy he beat the odds! But what about me? I've kinda put "my" life on hold worrying about and taking care of Tom, duh. It's time to start thinking about me.

Where can I go? As an American, can I come to England to live? Can I go to Belize? Australia? I think the only state in the Union is Hawaii which would appeal to me. The bottom line is that I'm not happy with my country's policies. Actually, I haven't been happy with my country for many years now, and that's a terrible feeling to live with. Help me out people, thanks.

Gareth

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
The first question you really need to ask yourself is where do you WANT to go? Is there anyplace you've always had a hankering to see?
Go down to your nearest travel agency & come home with as many brochures of as many places as you can, even places you've never even heard of... you never know, the place that might 'click' for you might turn out to be somewhere you would never even have thought of. But have a nosey around, check out your local library, cruise the Net & go down & rent a bunch of DVD's (locally made films as well as doco's). You want to know something about the place & culture b4 you go, not just the local tourist traps & "Features"
But DO look around! Because when you go you want to be going TO somewhere.. not just Away from somewhere. Now is your chance to do all the things you never had time for before. Like you said, time to start thinking about you & what you want to do with your life. Have fun :D.

Hope that's some help :)

Ask a Question