Quick lanuch question for the quick-witted

Zengirl

Hello.

Can somebody help me with this annoying problem. My hairstyle. No,
apart from that there is this quick launch problem. I set it
(taskbar-properties-show quick launch) and apply. Then after I shut
down and start up again it always isn't set. it's liveable with if
nothing can be done, but so annoying. i've checked in McAfee and
System mechanic to see if I've accidentally set quick launch to always
switch off at shut down but can see nothing there. Does anyone have an
answer to this question? Would I need a program that tracks registry
changes so I can see what is being altered when I set it so I can
permanently set quick launch to be on view?

So frustraaaaating!

Zengirl.

Malvern

I launch mine by right-clicking a blank area on the Taskbar, then in the
pop-up menu, clicking on "Toolbars", then "Quick Launch" in the list it
generates. Mine stays upon reboot by doing it like this. Hope this solves
the problem.

Malv

"Zengirl" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

_ J _

Hello Zengirl,

In addition to what Malv wrote,
I suggest you visit MS-MVP Kelly's website at

Note the instructions at the top of the page,
then scroll down to line 54, (Save settings on exit)

Right-click the hyperlink, then click | Save Target As |
to download the file, "savesettings.reg",
then double-click and follow the prompts.

Jan

Zengirl

I launch mine by right-clicking a blank area on the Taskbar, then in the
pop-up menu, clicking on "Toolbars", then "Quick Launch" in the list it
generates. Mine stays upon reboot by doing it like this. Hope this solves
the problem.

Thank you, but of course I have tried this! :) Every time I boot up
I have to go through this silly thing. I have a feeling it's
something.... more complex, or deeper. Not sure, will keep trying..

Zengirl.

Zengirl

Hello Zengirl,

In addition to what Malv wrote,
I suggest you visit MS-MVP Kelly's website at

Note the instructions at the top of the page,
then scroll down to line 54, (Save settings on exit)

Right-click the hyperlink, then click | Save Target As |
to download the file, "savesettings.reg",
then double-click and follow the prompts.

Aha.... now I think this is going to be useful. Admin tools... this is
ringing a bell. I will just go and try that and let you know...

Thanks Jan (and everyone else too).

Zengirl

Hello Zengirl,

In addition to what Malv wrote,
I suggest you visit MS-MVP Kelly's website at

Note the instructions at the top of the page,
then scroll down to line 54, (Save settings on exit)

Right-click the hyperlink, then click | Save Target As |
to download the file, "savesettings.reg",
then double-click and follow the prompts.

Doooooooohhh, it doesn't work(the save settings reg file). So
disappointing! That was a great website though. Someone has done a
fabulous amount of work. But still no restored quick launch for me.
What could have I done..?? Could it be something in administration
tools? Is there a button there that disable quick launch at shut down?

Zengirl.

Zengirl

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!

Thanks to all who responded.

I *think* what I had to do in the end was download a registry file to
make my computer remember the settings after I shut down. However,
after I installed this file and re-booted it *still* didn't work.. and
then the second time, after more fiddling around in folder options it
did. (?????!!!!!?????)

Computers!

But I'm happy now at least. :)

Jackie.

_ J _

Hello Jackie,

| after I installed this file and re-booted it *still*
| didn't work..

Did you change any settings *before* this first re-boot?

Jan

Zengirl

Hello Jackie,

| after I installed this file and re-booted it *still*
| didn't work..

Did you change any settings *before* this first re-boot?

Hmmm, can't remember now. before, before... er... yes maybe.